FX8 Preset Exchange

U2 BAD studio version preset.

I started building this preset using the dreamy delay preset that came with the fx8 factory presets
and just changed the original delays into 2 analog mono delays. I play it through a VoxAC15 with
a Bad Cat Celestion speaker. I use a Fender Strat with Kinman Woodstock pups.
This sounds spot on! Couldn't get this close with my old Timeline. Thanks very much

Here's a preset for U2's song Love Comes Tumbling. One preset is the picking part and the other is the rhythm that comes in later in the song. Signal path: 70's Fender strat reissue in quack position into FX8 into VoxAC15.

Attachments

• love comes tumbling.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
  • lov comes tumbling.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Here's a preset for U2's Heartland off of Rattle And Hum. Real simple preset. Another cool song by U2,a haunting song.
Signal path: 70's Fender Strat reissue in quack position into FX8 into VoxAC15. I'm using Ernie Ball regular slinky nickel
wound strings.

Attachments

• heartland.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
11 O'Clock Tick Tock preset. Signal path: studio comp>super od>deluxe mind guy>medium plate reverb.
bpm:145
delay 1/4 note tempo at 414ms
feedback 15%

Attachments

• 11 o'clock tick tock.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 122
U2 With or Without You preset. Signal path: psionic triad>comp>zen master>2290 with mod>multidly(shimmer)>large plate
reverb. Edge signature strat>VoxAC15>top boost>bridge position.
The bpm and delay time is for the original recording off The Joshua tree. It may vary a bit for other recordings.

Attachments

• wowy with shimmer.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
hey guys i am uploaded another 3 presets- that i try to get petrucci tone a little
i hope it will help yu guys, the presets all for guitar and work like that:
clean- on amp clean chanel
crunch- can or both on clean and dist chanels- i work on dirty chanels
master tone- i use for lead on dirty chanel and for clean on clean chanel
i know its not petrucci but its something

I tried your presets. Good job sounds really good through my Mark V.
Thanks,

Does anyone have a Chorus/Expander preset that widens the stereo image very similar to this Chorus used by Petrucci on the JP-2C demo? It sounds huge! I can get very close with a stereo Boss Chorus Ensemble pedal, but not having much luck with the FX8. I'm running 7CM with 2 Mesa Mark's in stereo.

After searching for this thread for a while (like @Atmospheric I had a tough time finding it), I finally found it and was also about to ask why it wasn't a sticky. Then I did see that the FX8 was in AxeChange so I checked it out. Maybe I missed something but there only seemed to be 17 presets in there for the FX8. That can't be right?

After searching for this thread for a while (like @Atmospheric I had a tough time finding it), I finally found it and was also about to ask why it wasn't a sticky. Then I did see that the FX8 was in AxeChange so I checked it out. Maybe I missed something but there only seemed to be 17 presets in there for the FX8. That can't be right?

I looked at it too and only saw presets for the Ax FX II and AX8. I got frustrated and gave up using it.

FX8 is harder to translate over physical amps chasing someones tone. The others can nail anyone's tone do to the amp blocks, tone matching and other goodies. That is my guess.

That's probably true. Still surprising there aren't more posted though. Oh well. Just means I have to figure out what all these knobs are on my own. ;)

Back
Top Bottom