FX8 Preset Exchange

This is an ever so slightly different take on ambient volume swells... it's set to Pre, but you 4CM peeps know how to fix that.

Uses a volume block to automate the swells, and a few delays and reverb...

Attachments

• Delays.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 299
Here's my first attempt at recreating the EQD Afterneath... it's no where near right, but I got distracted by how cool (IMO) this sounds in it's own right.

Clean amp, no drive... try either just stabbing a chord or playing something very rhythmic and looping, which is somehow both clear and spacey and almost watery sounding...

NOW!: With preset actually attached! ;)

Attachments

• QED Beforebove v0.1.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
This is part of a video project I'm working on... I'll be doing a slightly different version to go with the video but for now, there's this...

Scene 2 is a autoswell and a VERY long reverb... so you can kinda make a pad... Scene 3 is that pad (the tails) and a cleanish guitar sound.

So... play a chord on S2, then play something else over it with S3.

Attachments

• Someone Like You.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 220
I'm doing a Multi Delay video this week - busy week so it'll take a few days.. as part of that though I've made a few presets, which I'll go ahead and share ahead of the video... I think all of these are pretty cool... or at least illustrate something unexpected you can do with this block.

And here's a video illustrating what these presets sound like

Attachments

• cash register sound 10 tap.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Flangalus Series.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Scotch Bees Quad Tape.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 189
  • On a boat regrettably - band delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 186
  • hurricane delay plex detune.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Lonely Boy Preset

Here is a preset I use for the song Lonely Boy by The Black Keys. Basically, for each song in our setlist, I have a preset configured like the following preset. The bottom 4 buttons are scenes 5,6,7 and 8. When the preset loads, it always defaults to scene 5. The top 4 switches are IA and set up globally as Wah, Drv, Delay 1 and Volume boost -these are things I would want to be able to toggle on/off or change quickly on the fly.

I use 4cm, and the scenes control the channels on my Bogner Atma. Three effects are Pre, and 5 are Post. All effects in Series.

All presets, including this one are set up as:

Scene 5 - Clean channel on amp
Scene 6 - Clean Channel on amp with Drive pedal on
Scene 7 -Distortion Channel on amp
Scene 8 -Lead Channel on amp.

For Lonely Boy, the Pitch effect turns off automatically when the heel is down. Expression pedal is setup in Pedal 1 jack

Screen shots of relevant settings are attached.

Attachments

• Lonely Boy.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Lonely 1.png
    Lonely 1.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Lonely 2.png
    Lonely 2.png
    341.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Here are 3 presets that I use for Contemporary Christian Music. (File is below pictures)
I have these 3 presets loaded into bank P
P1 used for Rhythm, Volume swells and Lead
P2 used for Lead. Has WAH option too
P3 Volume swell that I downloaded from this forum

I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P1 to allow me to change to P2 and P3
I changed foot switch 2 and 3 on P2 to allow me to change back to P1 or up to P3
I changed foot switch 3 and 4 on P3 to allow me to change back to P1 or P2
Tempo footswitch is used for Tempo and Tuner

I took the pictures when I was using the 4 cable method.
I AM NOT using the 4 cable method with these presets
My fractal EV1 expression pedal is used for Volume on P1 and WAH on P2
My Rig consists of 2015 Traditional Les Paul into a Decimator 2, then into FX8
I use an ISO 5 Pedal Power to power the Decimator 2 with the Decimator 2 set on 35
Fractal EV1 (Out of both volume connections into both pedal connections on FX8) using TRS cables.
FX8 to front of Rivera Venus Deux tube amp
I have all my gear (Cable Tied) to a Holy Board pedal board (minus the riser)
I use a Mesa Cab Clone to eliminate stage volume and a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones in place of In Ear Monitors

189-jpg.30644

190-jpg.30645

Attachments

• Worship Bank-P.syx
    50.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
With the tools available in the FX8 I got to wondering if it's even possible to create a preset that could be used direct. After about an hour of tweaking, this is what I ended up with. Still needs a little work but I was actually quite surprised with the result. All drives were tweaked a bit for this preset and were used when trying it.

Signal:
FX8 OUT (PRE) L into my Steinberg UR22 and used a pair of AKG K271 headphones for listening.

Guitars:
Schecter C1 Classic with Suhr SSH+ bridge and Duncan Jazz neck pickups
Ibanez JS2400 with Dimarzio Mo' Joe bridge and Pro Track neck pickups.

This preset is intended to be used direct only. Drive levels and some EQ levels are fairly high therefore I wouldn't recommend using it with an amp without checking and adjusting levels.

Attachments

• Direct Hi Gain (1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
U2 BAD studio version preset.

I started building this preset using the dreamy delay preset that came with the fx8 factory presets
and just changed the original delays into 2 analog mono delays. I play it through a VoxAC15 with
a Bad Cat Celestion speaker. I use a Fender Strat with Kinman Woodstock pups.

Attachments

• BAD studio.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 215
DSC_0490_zpsk4guw7vc.jpg

Here is a VH-ish patch made up using Danny's AxFx2 video (See his thread in Axe section). I made this by trying to pull as much info from his videos as I could get on the effects blocks. Since I own an FX8 there was no patch to download. I am using a MB Mark V switching between the crunch & Mark IV modes. I am using the 4CM. There is a modifier on the flange for your pedal which throttles the mix.

Attachments

• TONY'S VH-ish_2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Been experimenting with the Pitch Follower a bit and ended up with this flute-like sound (two bandpass filters only letting through the input signal's harmonics).

Attachments

• Space Flute.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 203
TRI-CHORUS PRESET
This is based off of Azael's Tri-Chorus in AXEFX Preset page screen shots. Which sounds fantastic. I tweaked just a touch. I hear a mega tap in the youtube clip about 1:26 mark but cannot get the delay separation. I will keep trying..

Attachments

• TRI CHORUS (4CM).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 247
Keeley 30ms, ADT block

Thanks to @iaresee for developing this and providing screenshots on his thread. I went back and forth and the only difference I can detect is that the Keeley 30ms has more of a constant and detectable pulse to the modulation. This is with the Keeley 30ms pedal in Abbey mode with knobs at noon or just past.

I've saved his version as the 30ms block, and tried to adjust some things to get it closer to what's going on in "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." That one's considered not complete, but by comparing the two, this ought to give FX8 users a good idea on what parameters changes can do within this type of block.

Guitar used to create this was a LP with paf style humbucker in neck and t-top style hum in the bridge. Amp used was a Tech21 Trademark 60 dialed in to sound similar to a Fender blackface deluxe.

Attachments

• 30MS_20170109_013350.blk
    590 bytes · Views: 163
  • ADT Gently Weeps_20170111_131326.blk
    602 bytes · Views: 171
SolidGold "If 6 was 9" BC108CS and BC183 silicon fuzz

Thanks to @lqdsnddist for matching and sharing on this thread!

I found the BC108 to be a very good silicon fuzz face for a Gilmourish "Time" solo, while the BC183 seemed warmer like a germanium fuzz face.

Attachments

• BC108 Fuzz_20170111_134711.blk
    214 bytes · Views: 167
  • BC183 Si Fuzz_20170111_134616.blk
    217 bytes · Views: 147
Leslie / Rotating Speaker Effect

I scoured the forum for settings, and created blocks for each. Some of these settings may have been in previous firmware and the forum members might now not necessarily stand by them. However, I feel like they're an excellent range of options. Block names indicate the names of the forum members from whom I gathered data for these blocks. They all sound great, but I have to give a shout out again to @iaresee for his settings. He and I must just hear things the same: anything I find by him quickly becomes my preferred version of that effect.

Note: I spent a lot of time trying to match the Abbey Road "Sun King" tone, which was done on a Fender Vibratone. I ended up with the Iareese Leslie block followed by an EQ block to roll off some highs and lows since I read the Vibratone only allowed Mids to get through. I followed that with a Studio C Reverb block, and followed that with a Studio Compressor set to "auto." I think it got pretty close!

Guitar used to create this was a LP with paf style humbucker in neck and t-top style hum in the bridge. Amp used was a Tech21 Trademark 60 dialed in to sound similar to a Fender blackface deluxe.

Attachments

• Iareese's Leslie_20170111_223120.blk
    208 bytes · Views: 176
  • Simeon's Leslie_20170111_222715.blk
    207 bytes · Views: 156
  • Yek's Mini Vent_20170111_222544.blk
    207 bytes · Views: 148
  • True Ratio Leslie_20170111_222914.blk
    209 bytes · Views: 152
Catalinbread Belle Epoch / Echoplex EP-3

Back and forth on this trying to get it just right. It's like 90% there. The delay block "Belle Epoch" is a mono tape with eq adjustment to roll off highs and lows, moved slightly forward. You'll see what I did if you compare to the stock mono tape eq setting. I also reduced the amount of wow and flutter to my personal taste, comparable to the Belle Epoch at minimum Mod setting. My Rec Level knob and Mix knob were at about 10:00. Again, personal preference. Setting those there and the delay time at 80ms or 100ms with about three repeats (like 30% Feedback or 10:00 on the Belle Epoch Echo Sustain knob) really gets a good live Zeppelin Page tone.

Now, the EP3 preamp. Can't nail it. There's something special going on in the phase response. However, I decided that the Tape Drive block sounded better than the drive within the mono tape block itself, and it has a tone control. So...the key is a balance between that slightly compressed Tape Drive tone and not overloading the Delay block. Run the "Belle Epoch preamp" drive block before the "Belle Epoch" delay block and see what you think, then adjust the drive block to taste for saturation and eq. So you'll get the eq of the preamp and the slight compression of the preamp. Like I said: 90% there.

Guitar used to create this was a LP with paf style humbucker in neck and t-top style hum in the bridge. Amp used was a Tech21 Trademark 60 dialed in to sound similar to a Fender blackface deluxe and a late 60s Marshall Superlead Plexi.

Attachments

• Belle Epoch_20170115_174922.blk
    529 bytes · Views: 174
  • Belle Epoch preamp_20170115_175511.blk
    222 bytes · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom