blb

Current Rig:

Axe FX2
X32 Behringer rack mixer
QSC 4.3 PLD power amp
2 Accugroove passive FRFR's

1 FX8 Pedalboard

Hi All,

I've searched google and the forums but haven't really found anything.

I hastily bought the FX8, thinking it was a glorified MFC-101 foot controller. When I went to set it up, I discovered that the FX8 is really for people who have an existing traditional amp, like it, but also want AXE FX abilities and set it up with the 4 cable method. I do not have a traditional amp, just a power amp. I also now realize that the FX8 has no amp or speaker cabs.

Is there a way to plug the FX8 into the the Axe, so I can route though my existing rig?

Or, is there some other way to do this? I'm assuming that you can't access the amp and cabs on the AXE from the FX8, but maybe that's possible too.

I may be met with ID10T responses here, and if so, that's ok. Maybe this can't be done - or maybe it's like daisy-chaining multiple Axe FX's?

Thanks in advance.
Brian

Brave soul, dropping ~$1400 on a piece of kit without reading the feature list first. :)

You can use them together in several ways. 4CM could give you pre/post effects on the FX8 and use the Axe FX just for amp/cab, or use effects on both.

The FX8 won't do terribly great as a MIDI controller for your Axe. It can switch presets via MIDI PCs (per each FX8 preset). You can use the two MIDI Block instances to send some CCs to either access some scenes or IAs to some effects. You can't access 8 Axe FX scenes from a single preset on the FX8 (that requires 8 different values on CC #34; you can do up to 4 with 2 MIDI blocks and X/Y).

It would work well if you just used the Axe FX for the amps/cabs, FX8 for effects, and FX8 for MIDI switching between a few presets on the Axe as amp "channels".

Get a real cab and use the fx8 with your power amp as a complet rig, use OD block for Dirty channel

Slight correction to my post. Not sure why I was thinking there are 2 MIDI block instances; there's only 1. You can still do 4 scene changes, because you have X On, X Off, Y On and Y Off values. But it reiterates further the point that FX8 doesn't make a great Axe FX 2 controller.

Back
Top Bottom