FX8 Newbie Questions...

bruunm

Hi All,

First up I currently don't own any FA stuff. But the FX8 has really got my interest.

I used to have my perfect setup in the following.

Sure Wireless
Digitech GSP 2112 (with Control One)
Engl 2x60 Tube power amp
212 Rivera
412 Marshall.

The GSP was for me the ultimate in flexibility. I could program any of my 5 top row switches to perform anything (switch off the chorus and increase drive and delay -> one switch whilst staying in same patch). Also the seamless function (spillover) was awesome. It had a great analog sound to it and I miss it greatly ( almost as much as my beloved 1991 PRS Custom 24, stinking bills :-/ )

I have never been happy since I sold this. I do not doubt the sound quality of the FA stuff and I am mainly looking for non dirt sounds from the FX8, as in no drives. I run a Two Rock EXO into a custom Dumble Style 212 cab with WGS speakers. I will run it in 4CM. For Chorus Trem etc into front and everything else into fx loop. I had a TC Nova System but it was very noisy and apart from that had no 4CM....

So my questions are.

->Is spillover available in patch changes?
->can I have 4 patches programmed on bottom 4 switches and allocate on/offs for individuals fx and/or parameter changes on top 4?
-> how good are the drive modules compared to Top of the line pedals? Or should I just get a midi looper and stick with analog drive pedals?
->4 minutes looper, can they be stored and recalled?

Any help appreciated...

Cheers and rock on!

/Markus

The FX8 has 128 different presets (patch); each preset has 8 scenes:

Preset - up to 8 unique effects, configured in any desired Pre/Post configuration (4/4, 2/6, etc.)
Scene - each scene saves the following effect states: On/Off, X/Y(when available).

->Is spillover available in patch changes?

Spillover can be configured for both Preset transitions and Scene transitions.

->can I have 4 patches programmed on bottom 4 switches and allocate on/offs for individuals fx and/or parameter changes on top 4?

Each footswitch controls the On/Off and X/Y state of the corresponding effect. More transitions can be controlled through the use of Presets and Scenes.

->4 minutes looper, can they be stored and recalled?

The Looper settings are stored with each Preset, but the audio is not.

Back
Top Bottom