FX8 New Features?

When i bought the FX i was told that I would receive "regular updates and new features" but we seem to be left behind where as the other processors get new effects blocks we don't .
I feels like we are the poor relation and have been told that the FX8 is becoming obsolete? and will become an unsupported dinosaur?.
Can anyone from Fractal comment on this as I sold my G System due to being obsolete and would love to know what is happening and where are our UPDATES and NEW FEATURES..

When i bought the FX i was told that I would receive "regular updates and new features" but we seem to be left behind where as the other processors get new effects blocks we don't .
I feels like we are the poor relation and have been told that the FX8 is becoming obsolete? and will become an unsupported dinosaur?.
Can anyone from Fractal comment on this as I sold my G System due to being obsolete and would love to know what is happening and where are our UPDATES and NEW FEATURES..
When did you buy it?

Last year ?
Where did you buy it and who told you?
Features
  • FX8 is an advanced multi-effects processor, perfect for guitar, bass, and other instruments.
  • “Built Like a Tank” with a powder-coated steel chassis and aircraft aluminum end panels.
  • Eleven quiet, durable solid state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail. 27 LEDs!
  • Two onboard TRS RELAYS to control your amp’s channel or effect switching.
  • Two onboard PEDAL jacks to connect footswitches or expression pedals.
  • FX8 can control or respond to other MIDI gear in your rig with MIDI IN and OUT/THRU ports.
  • Easy-to-use with a 160×80px display, 6 buttons, 5 knobs, and minimal menu diving.
  • 128 PRESETS allow you to create 128 completely different pedalboards.
  • Up to eight simultaneous effects per preset, with state-of-the-art “Fractal-quality” algorithms.
  • Each effect can be configured as desired: Pre/Post, Series/Parallel.
  • “Stompbox Mode” provides traditional ON/OFF switching, plus XY switching (with press & hold).
  • “XY” gives many effects two completely different sets of settings for maximum sonic flexibility.
  • Eight SCENES/preset allow you to load effect ON/OFF and X/Y “combos” (plus relays and MIDI.)
  • “Modifiers” allow real-time control of many parameters via MIDI, pedals, or controllers.
  • Designed for UNITY GAIN (both PRE and POST) and featuring TRUE BYPASS.
  • High quality converters deliver ultra-low noise and pristine audio. No tone suck!
  • Humbuster™ outputs help defeat ground hum (when used with Humbuster™ Cables).
  • Built-in global IN and OUT VOLUME (pedal-assignable) & dual global 10-band Graphic EQ.
  • Every preset includes a built-in dedicated global 4-MINUTE LOOPER (8m in mono)
  • USB for connection to a Mac or PC for easy editing, backup/restore, and firmware updates.
  • FX8-Edit, a free editor/librarian, gives user-friendly access to all sound settings.
  • And more! Upgradeable firmware means the FX8 will get updates and new features.

Features
  • FX8 is an advanced multi-effects processor, perfect for guitar, bass, and other instruments.
  • “Built Like a Tank” with a powder-coated steel chassis and aircraft aluminum end panels.
  • Eleven quiet, durable solid state footswitches with no mechanical contacts to fail. 27 LEDs!
  • Two onboard TRS RELAYS to control your amp’s channel or effect switching.
  • Two onboard PEDAL jacks to connect footswitches or expression pedals.
  • FX8 can control or respond to other MIDI gear in your rig with MIDI IN and OUT/THRU ports.
  • Easy-to-use with a 160×80px display, 6 buttons, 5 knobs, and minimal menu diving.
  • 128 PRESETS allow you to create 128 completely different pedalboards.
  • Up to eight simultaneous effects per preset, with state-of-the-art “Fractal-quality” algorithms.
  • Each effect can be configured as desired: Pre/Post, Series/Parallel.
  • “Stompbox Mode” provides traditional ON/OFF switching, plus XY switching (with press & hold).
  • “XY” gives many effects two completely different sets of settings for maximum sonic flexibility.
  • Eight SCENES/preset allow you to load effect ON/OFF and X/Y “combos” (plus relays and MIDI.)
  • “Modifiers” allow real-time control of many parameters via MIDI, pedals, or controllers.
  • Designed for UNITY GAIN (both PRE and POST) and featuring TRUE BYPASS.
  • High quality converters deliver ultra-low noise and pristine audio. No tone suck!
  • Humbuster™ outputs help defeat ground hum (when used with Humbuster™ Cables).
  • Built-in global IN and OUT VOLUME (pedal-assignable) & dual global 10-band Graphic EQ.
  • Every preset includes a built-in dedicated global 4-MINUTE LOOPER (8m in mono)
  • USB for connection to a Mac or PC for easy editing, backup/restore, and firmware updates.
  • FX8-Edit, a free editor/librarian, gives user-friendly access to all sound settings.
  • And more! Upgradeable firmware means the FX8 will get updates and new features.
I wonder if FAS has one afoul of the FTC.

Most new features and updates are improvements in amp modeling, adding new amp models etc. the Fx8 doesn’t do amp modeling so it’s missed out on most updates.

There have been some improvements to the III in terms of reverbs, but those might not be able to run in the fx8 due to processing power....

For the most parts the effects blocks have remained pretty constant across platforms for years, save for things like a Tri-chorus on the III, cloud verbs etc

Most new features and updates are improvements in amp modeling, adding new amp models etc. the Fx8 doesn’t do amp modeling so it’s missed out on most updates.

There have been some improvements to the III in terms of reverbs, but those might not be able to run in the fx8 due to processing power....

For the most parts the effects blocks have remained pretty constant across platforms for years, save for things like a Tri-chorus on the III, cloud verbs etc
All true, but one ought not promise what one is unwilling to deliver. Yes, in theory "Upgradeable firmware" means the FX8 could potentially get updates and new features. But FAS chose to say that they will get updates and new features. Big difference. Anyone who has purchased a new FX8 with 5.0.3 firmware (i.e., in the last nearly two years) has not received any upgrades or new features. This could be construed as false advertising.

This is where the kool-aid drinking partisans chime in berating us for taking the FAS product claims literally.

Is this like buying a game and being promised that DLC will come out later but then the DLC never comes to fruition?

Sounds like a product description edit is needed at minimum.

Yes I agree... I'm Ok that there is no new features to it, but it is a bit "buggy" to be honest, far from the quality (software) of the axe I used to own. It freezes up sometimes, you can't edit and save relay setting in FX8 edit and many more issues like that. I'm quite disappointed to be honest, bought it new a few month ago, at G66, paid 1000 Euro.... The sound quality is still really good, no complaints there.

Please all you Fractal disciples, I'm not shit talking Fractal in general, I'm just disappointed that the FX8 is left in the dark, compared to other Fractal stuff... I believe that FX8 customers are just as good as the other Fractal customers, but it does'nt feel like it....

Back
Top Bottom