Fx8 modes

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
So there is a preset and scene modes toggled with SCENE button.
I hope there is IA mode? How do you access this mode where you can turn individual effects on /off?

So there are three modes then: scene, preset and IA. and you access them all using scene button, correct?

So there are three modes then: scene, preset and IA. and you access them all using scene button, correct?
Scene,stombox, preset/bank, and looper mode.Preset/Bank mode isaccessed by holding down the Preset/Bank button. You can set preset and scene select modes to stick in the global menu.

I can't understand why Fractal programmers didn't let the user program each footswitch separately. Even most entry level pedalboards can be programmed for having a row of swithces for presets and a row for turning on-off blocks or activating a special function.
For us tube-guys, to have Fractal super quality effects in a floor pedal was a dream from years, but the more I read this forum the more I think this project has too much limits.
If I'd buy an Fx8, for sure I'd come to add a small external midi pedal just to have istant access to some effects blocks without loosing quick preset changes on the main unit.
One of the coolest thing of the FX8 was that it's a quite small all-in-one unit and let me reduce the amount of pedals on the floor… it means no more giant pedalcases…. adding external controllers, would let me loose this "confort".

I'm sure that Mr. Cliff would answer "if it doesn't fit for you, just don't buy it", but I think that a more flexible artchitecture for this project would be apreciated by a lot of people here in the forum.
What do you think about it all, guys?

(sorry for my poor English)

I would love if the footswitches could be user assignable too. For example i would never turn Reverb effect off, so this footswitch could be used for some other function.

Man its even not out yet, things improve non-stop and fractal reacts to our wishes....some it takes time but...they come up with great improvements.
I am sure fx8 will evolve alot and it will push also axe fx to a even better state, since the fx will get much more attention...

I can't understand why Fractal programmers didn't let the user program each footswitch separately. Even most entry level pedalboards can be programmed for having a row of swithces for presets and a row for turning on-off blocks or activating a special function.
For us tube-guys, to have Fractal super quality effects in a floor pedal was a dream from years, but the more I read this forum the more I think this project has too much limits.
If I'd buy an Fx8, for sure I'd come to add a small external midi pedal just to have istant access to some effects blocks without loosing quick preset changes on the main unit.
One of the coolest thing of the FX8 was that it's a quite small all-in-one unit and let me reduce the amount of pedals on the floor… it means no more giant pedalcases…. adding external controllers, would let me loose this "confort".

I'm sure that Mr. Cliff would answer "if it doesn't fit for you, just don't buy it", but I think that a more flexible artchitecture for this project would be apreciated by a lot of people here in the forum.

Exactly my thoughts.. without an external midi pedal all is going to be pretty limiting, also considering the FX-8 will have 2 Exp Pedal ports only. A pity really.

That's fine, it is what it is, and no design will suit everyone.

There have certainly been plenty of requests for a floor FX unit with a basic interface and the same quality FX from the Axe-FX. It should sell well to those people. Others will want more, some will want less, some will want different and will need to look elsewhere for now.

The Axe-FX + MFC still remains the power-user option for those of us who want it all :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom