FX8 MKII relays stuck closed?

SacredGroove

Inspired
I'm having an issue with the tip/sleeve connection on both relays 1 and 2 of my FX8. I have an ENGL E530 preamp that utilizes relays for switching channels, and other options. I'm using 2 TRS cables from the e530 and then into the relay jacks of the FX8. Once they're plugged into the FX8, the tip/sleeve connection is already made and I can't turn it off. The ring/sleeve connection seems to work fine and I can turn it on and off.
Also, when the cables are plugged into the e530, I can take the other ends of the cables and short them together and control the different switching functions, so I'm assuming my issue isn't with the e530. I feel like I need to remove power from the FX8, open it up and tap the relays, in case they're stuck closed :smiley:

This is from the engl e530 manual. From each, the "Clean/Lead" and "Preamp Defeat" are what seem to be stuck on.
1667306412459.png1667306442235.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
Confirmed with Fractal that there was an issue involving a bad component in my FX8. I had sent my FX8 to Fractal for repair and now the relay jacks are working as they should. Fractal support was great and provided a quick turnaround! I'm very happy with the whole transaction and results!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom