FX8 MKII Presets Help

Dragon4722

I just got a pre-owned FX8 MKII processor and could use some pointers on getting started. I'm using it primarily for bass effects. I have printed out a manual and am going through that, not really a manual guy but I'm trying. I could use some advise/instruction from a current user. Thanks.

Check out Tom Quayle, Guitarist (YouTube) he does a review and run through on the FX8. Helped me out

You're on the right track by reading the manual. That will give you 90% of the knowledge you seek. The other 10% can be had by checking out the stuff on YouTube. I recommend watching Leon Todd's older videos on the AX8. The effects blocks in the FX8 and AX8 are mostly the same.

Check out Tom Quayle, Guitarist (YouTube) he does a review and run through on the FX8. Helped me out
Thanks Richie, I'll check his posts out. I just cracked open the Fractal Edit. That seems to be a great way to program/demo how it sounds having the FX Edit screen up on the computer while playing your axe. Quite a multitude of parameters. Deep dive! Have a great weekend.

Put the looper before all your effects, record a loop of your dry guitar part, play back the dry guitar loop while using both hands to edit your loop's tone using FX edit...

what's something you're specifically wondering about?
Chris, thanks for getting back. I have a couple of inquiries. 1. Are there any artist-driven specific pedal patches or user preset banks out there for download or purchase. I'm assuming there may not be any bass specific preset banks since the unit appears targeted more for guitar, however, if available, those could be tweaked for bass? 2. Would you be interested in working with me to program my FX8 MKII for live performance based use? This would be in consideration for an agreed form of compensation per 8 block/preset (can be further discussed). 3. How would you feel about communicating with me live via phone to save a little time? Thanks again, hope to hear back. Sam

You're on the right track by reading the manual. That will give you 90% of the knowledge you seek. The other 10% can be had by checking out the stuff on YouTube. I recommend watching Leon Todd's older videos on the AX8. The effects blocks in the FX8 and AX8 are mostly the same.
Thanks for the heads-up Zed. I'll be checking out Leon Todd's videos and other's as well. I agree on your manual comment. I've just got to get down to it and dig in. Be well bro.

Put the looper before all your effects, record a loop of your dry guitar part, play back the dry guitar loop while using both hands to edit your loop's tone using FX edit...
That's an original and challenging suggestion. I'll check it out. Thanks beatFarmer!

Back
Top Bottom