FX8 MKII not seeing Roland EV-5

duneman

Having trouble configuring a Roland EV-5 expression pedal - the unit doesn't see it. When in calibration mode the slider doesn't move when rocking the pedal back and forth. I've had the pedal for some time and it worked fine with my TC Electronic Nova system, not sure why it wouldn't on the FX8.

Having trouble configuring a Roland EV-5 expression pedal - the unit doesn't see it. When in calibration mode the slider doesn't move when rocking the pedal back and forth. I've had the pedal for some time and it worked fine with my TC Electronic Nova system, not sure why it wouldn't on the FX8.
Is it plugged in all the way? That has a TRS cable right?

Are you calibrating the same pedal jack number you’ve plugged into?

Connected to Pedal 1 input, on Pedal 1 calibrate on the unit - jack fully seated - yes its a TRS cable/

Well - it must have been waiting for something to be done or saved b/c I went back in just now and its seeing the pedal - so problem solved - touchdown... thanks man!

Report back if the FX8 doesn't "see" the entirety of the travel. Mine no longer goes to 100% at toe down, and re-calibrating doesn't change anything.

It does not go to 100% at the top end but the manual mentioned that it may not. Non-issue for me, at least so far.

I did calibrate it - it maxes out at 0.88. The manual specifically calls this out on page 16. Presume that 0.00-0.88 qualifies as "wide range...?" The wah works fine.

View attachment 56528
Yes. It’s taking the physical range of the pedal and making those the new start and end points for the actual modifier sweep range. 88% range is a wide range.

I do not think my Fractal EV-1 goes to 100%, 98 I think. It is probably the pedal sweep range of the actual pedal's ability and the unit will compensate for it's sweep range, hence calibration, I would guess to venture.

I do not think my Fractal EV-1 goes to 100%, 98 I think.
There's no such thing as "100%" for the analog expression pedal. Every expression pedal has a range the voltage divider can sweep. That range needs to be understood by the hardware as 0% through 100%, which is what calibration is for. The range just needs to be sufficiently wide enough to get 127 steps across the range of pedal motion mapped.

Back
Top Bottom