FX8 MKII incoming

SacredGroove

Inspired
Hello all,

I have a FX8 on the way and plan to use it in 4cm with a rack preamp. Looking at getting the Synergy Syn-2. Anyone else have this setup? How is the MIDI programming?

Thanks!

I'd suggest downloading the user manual to take a look at the MIDI stuff. I use scenes to send MIDI commands to either my MIDI enabled preamp or a VooDoo Lab control switcher to control the channel switching on my amp. There is also the ability to send MIDI commands by footswitch with the MIDI block, but that didn't work as smoothly for my personal use cases because I needed more than 4 different PC signals.

I plan on getting the manual, for sure. Sending MIDI, via scenes sounds like the way I would want to go, as well. I wasn't aware that could be done.
Thanks a lot!

I'd suggest downloading the user manual to take a look at the MIDI stuff. I use scenes to send MIDI commands to either my MIDI enabled preamp or a VooDoo Lab control switcher to control the channel switching on my amp. There is also the ability to send MIDI commands by footswitch with the MIDI block, but that didn't work as smoothly for my personal use cases because I needed more than 4 different PC signals.
Finally got around to programming midi. I did what you did and setup the FX8 to switch channels/functions, via scenes. I'm using it with a VHT GP3 and the manual contains all of the PC changes listed for channel and function. It's like way too simple.

Finally got around to programming midi. I did what you did and setup the FX8 to switch channels/functions, via scenes. I'm using it with a VHT GP3 and the manual contains all of the PC changes listed for channel and function. It's like way too simple.
Nice! I have a VHT GP3 as well (the afore alluded to MIDI preamp).

Back
Top Bottom