FX8 - MIDI with a Diezel Herbert

CG75

Hey Guys, I know I'm catching on way late in the game but I just bought an FX8 and right now I'm trying to learn one thing at a time and that means I am up to trying to figure out the MIDI. her is my questions...

1. Is it possible to use the FX8 as a MIDI switch between my Diezel Herbert for the amps channels and if so.. How do I do that?

2. Or do I still have to use an external MIDI foot switch for that?

I hope I made sense as to what I am looking for. I appreciate it advance. Thank you

Chris

That's what I've been trying to do. Can't make heads or tails but maybe it'll come to me. I had to walk away for a while. Thanks tho

Step1
First make sure the FX8 is transmitting on the same channel the Diezel is receiving on.
Channel 1 is usually default for all gear.
Also make sure "send program change" is on, as far as the FX8

Step2
Make a little spread sheet of all the different switching possibilities with the Diezel
Example:
The sheet on the bottom is for a Revv Generator 100P. Program #s can be 1-whatever. Every amp is going to be different
Step3
Cable Midi out from the FX8 to Midi in of the Diezel
Next step-- At this point don't worry about what maps with what, just using the FX8 to help create the table.
Hit preset 1 make the changes on the head and store on the head, hit preset 2 make those changes on the head and store. then 3 : 4 : and so on till your table is complete. But after the first few review to make sure the changes are taking, do like 3 go back to 1 and make sure it is doing what you want.
Note!!!
If that FX8 is not new out of the box just because you hot program 1, 2 or 3 doesn't mean its sending those programs. The FX might have been programmed to send different changes.
upload_2018-10-29_5-0-6.png

Thank you everyone, I will try these as soon as I get another day off. I've been swamped with work but I just wanted to touch base. I will update when I get the chance to try these.

Thank you

WaxCalifornia, I literally was able to get a few minutes in and already I got the channel switching going. Just have to tweak it and save it but the understanding is getting there. Thank you, that was awesome.

WaxCalifornia, I literally was able to get a few minutes in and already I got the channel switching going. Just have to tweak it and save it but the understanding is getting there. Thank you, that was awesome.
No worries, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom