FX8 Midi amp channel switch - time lag

Speedmartin

Hi,
I have the following problem:

Using Fx8 Mark II with a H&K Triamp (Combo MK1, 6 channels) with 4C method.
Now I want to switch the channels of my amp via midi.

This is working (I can change it with scenes) BUT there is a time lag between the channel switch. It sounds like the midi PC information is too slow.

To be sure that the amp is not the problem, I tried the channel switching on my amp also with my Boss Rc-50 Loop Station - in this case I do not have the time lag.

I hope that some of you can help me.
Thanks in advance.

I don’t have a lag in midi switching. I did notice that If the buttons are set to hold for X-Y the button activates on up lease. This did cause a lag but this was more of a timing issue and you need to time it out just right. If you disable the hold for X-Y it will activate on down push. This will most likely fix your lag issue but you won’t have the X-Y within your scene. You would have to create a separate scene to switch X-Y on a block.

I have no lag at all switching with midi on my Mesa TC50 or Carvin Legacy-3. Fyi only.....

Your FX8 can do this with no issues, but there must be something else going on or set wrong.

I wish I could help out more.....& good luck.

X

as mentioned, most switches activate on the RELEASE of the switch, not the down press by default. see if it's actually that.

let us know if it is and we can point you to remedies for it. or just whack the switch faster so you let go faster.

I have no lag at all switching with midi on my Mesa TC50 or Carvin Legacy-3. Fyi only.....

Your FX8 can do this with no issues, but there must be something else going on or set wrong.

I wish I could help out more.....& good luck.

X

TC-50 also. No lag with MIDI switching here either. Works flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom