FX8 Mark II looks sweeeet!

I was fine with this... Until today... I am buying an AX8 for a new project and am therefore - sadly - selling my FX8 to fund the purchase... I just had a guy tell me I should knock a few hundred off my asking price because it's the "old one".

I'm not really hugely upset but this always seems to happen to me... I buy and then somehow what I buy gets devalued...

/whinge

The Mark II sure is pretty though.
I wouldn't budge on the price. There won't be any more new FX8s hitting the market until Q3, I would think demand for used ones is going to remain pretty strong. They're still selling on eBay for $1,250 and up.

I wouldn't budge on the price. There won't be any more new FX8s hitting the market until Q3, I would think demand for used ones is going to remain pretty strong. They're still selling on eBay for $1,250 and up.
Thanks! My concern is that I wanna have the cash ready when my name pops up on the AX8 list....

I'll let everyone know when I get an AX8... It's the signal the the AX8 Mark II is about to be released.

[cough]

I was fine with this... Until today... I am buying an AX8 for a new project and am therefore - sadly - selling my FX8 to fund the purchase... I just had a guy tell me I should knock a few hundred off my asking price because it's the "old one".

I'm not really hugely upset but this always seems to happen to me... I buy and then somehow what I buy gets devalued...

/whinge

The Mark II sure is pretty though.

This is sadly EXACTLY what I said would happen, shocked it's happening already and this is where the MK2 designation (as much as I know why it is a MK2 now and it can't be changed and grudgingly accept the reasons why)will give buyers the opportunity to push the price down on the just as capable processing-wise original unit as they "think" it's an inferior outdated model!! A black bezel, pad and lower noise floor does not make it a more capable unit than the MK I.

I'm not even thinking of selling mine so doesn't really matter to me, but, in saying that I feel for the guys who are trying to sell or upgrade as no matter how much we all try to justify/defend/explain the new MK2 it's not going to help us original unit owners with the task of convincing perspective buyers that the original units are exactly the same processor and operational wise to this new so called MK2.

I

I just had a guy tell me I should knock a few hundred off my asking price because it's the "old one".

C'mon, the new one is at least a million times better, and infinitely blacker.

I'd say everyone who was the 1st kid on their block to get an FX8 knows just how you feel. It's what happens when you gotta' have the shiny new object. To which I plead guilty your honor ;o)

I doubt I'll be as jovial if I ever decide to part with mine. Best wishes with your sale - and I'd pass on that buyer's suggestion too.

C'mon, the new one is at least a million times better, and infinitely blacker.

I'd say everyone who was the 1st kid on their block to get an FX8 knows just how you feel. It's what happens when you gotta' have the shiny new object. To which I plead guilty your honor ;o)

I doubt I'll be as jovial if I ever decide to part with mine. Best wishes with your sale - and I'd pass on that buyer's suggestion too.
Thanks! I'm gonna say no... For now... But every seller knows the sleepless nights waiting to find a buyer to fund your next deadly piece of amazingness.

I just found out you cannot trade patches between the FX8 & FX8 Mark II. :(

I RESCIND THIS POST BASED ON INFORMATION GATHERED BY FRACTAL STAFF!

Last edited:
There are so few people who would actually know something like that, and as we know now it's not true. Who told you that?

I have a MK1 FX8. I think it's amazing & 'some' of the best gear $ ever spent. I for one, am glad to see the FX8 evolving & as long as Fractal continues to tech support the MK1, I am a happy camper.

My eyes are watching the AX8

Happy tone hunting
JD

Who told you that? It's not true.
I had someone try and tweak some of my setting in my patch and they told me " Unfortunately, I can't make your patch work with my FX8 MKII. My firmware doesn't support your patch. Sorry. :(" Sorry if this is not the case.. Maybe the machine is too new for them and they do not know how to use it yet.

That is absolutely false.

EDIT: In fact, let me go further. The latest firmware (in Beta) even detects which model saved the preset, and swaps the footswitch assignments to maintain physical location. For example, any thing assigned to switch 5 on a MkI will be assigned to switch 1 on the MkII, and vise versa. I believe we covered this in the forum announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't the FX8 block settings been interchangeable with fx blocks from the AxeFxII, and AX8 for some time now? Seems absurd to suggest FX8 blocks wouldn't be interchangeable between the mk1 & 2 models. Proving once again the interwebz is a cesspool of misinformation ...

I had someone try and tweak some of my setting in my patch and they told me " Unfortunately, I can't make your patch work with my FX8 MKII. My firmware doesn't support your patch. Sorry. :(" Sorry if this is not the case.. Maybe the machine is too new for them and they do not know how to use it yet.
There are so few people who have an FX8 Mark II. It hasn't been sold yet; it's on wait list.

Do you mean Axe-Fx II?

See my post with the " " . It doesn't matter at this point. Joe says its so! So it is so!
yes. i quoted your post that said it. although it's true that it is a false statement, it'd be nice to make sure that people aren't saying wrong things about wrong models of gear. just that statement alone on the internet could make people believe the wrong thing as truth.

I completely agree. That was the answer that was given to me. Since they have a Mark II I believed them. I will post my patch with you guys who have the Mark II and tell me if you can open and tweak. Maybe my patch is bad and post back.

Attachments

• MARK II TEST.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
The FX8 MkI is currently not running firmware that will open a preset from the current Beta firmware running on the FX8 MKII. This is not because the two models are incompatible, but because the MKII is running a new revision of firmware. When the MKII is officially released, corresponding MKI firmware will be released, and the two will be 100% compatible.

Back
Top Bottom