FX8 Looper - trying to loop a clean passage and then solo with gain?

Meeotch

I'd like to loop a clean passage on channel 1 of my amp, and then switch to my amp's gain channel to solo over the loop. The problem is that when I switch channels, the clean loop takes on the tone of my gain channel. Is there any way to preserve the loop's tone independent of my amp's channel selection? I've tried playing with the loop location to no avail.

are you only using 1 output of the FM3? if that output is going into the front of the amp, then it's physically going there and there's no way to separate it since that's the only place for the Loop to playback.

you can change the Loop Location to Post but only if you're using the physical Post outputs that go to your Effects Loop Return on the Amp. that bypasses your Amp's preamp physically, and only plays through the power amp.

Hey thanks for the reply, and your answer makes sense. For some reason I thought I remembered being able to have clean loop/gainy solo on my dedicated loop pedal...but I revisited it and it shares the same dilemma. I will experiment with the separate outputs. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom