FX8 Into Sweetwater Princeton Reverb 1x12 Cannabis Rex =

Brianiac5150

Tonal Bliss!

After years of hauling racks, heads, 4x12 and 2x12 cabinets and then abruptly stopping for marriage and raising a child; I've recently purchased a Fender Sweetwater Exclusive Princeton Reverb 1x12 and joined a cover band.

No longer having a minivan to haul gear forced other avenues and my time at home with the FX8 into various other amps had me pretty confident running into a simple 1x12 would do the trick. I'm happy to be absolutely correct. So far it's only been rehearsals (first gig Saturday), however, the rehearsal space is large and just sitting the amp on the floor, front facing is just enough volume (amp on 4) to keep up. I know if I raised it up and turned it toward them, the band would be covered; however, I'm one of the dorks who really likes to see things front facing and square on a stage. Sticking a SM57 in front of it and putting it through the PA just takes it all up a notch and sounds fantastic, also satisfying the band's audibility needs.

The FX8 rig is really simple right now: Wah > Chorus > Flange > Phaser/Uni > Pitch > Rotary > Drive > Delay with a Moog expression pedal on either side to control the Wah and Depth/Rate/Pitch of the other blocks. Of course, I've made a couple different settings for each block. Running the (Marshall) Blues and Shred OD's off one switch (A/B) and massaging them with the guitar's volume/tones knobs is just plain fun and fantastic sounding. From here, it's really easy to get completely immersed in the unit's capabilities, which will be of great use and benefit as set lists develop.

For me and my needs; the FX8 really delivers the goods and I couldn't be happier with it. Excellent product Fractal Team.

Oh...BTW...I do have a Pyle PHE-400 between the FX8 and Fender and it really makes for a quiet combination.

That's pretty much my rig, except that my "Princeton Reverb" is a Vintage Sound 15.

Try a Standback for tilting your amp up slightly. I hate amp stands, but the Standback works great.

I have a new amp on the way: Bad Cat Cub III 15R Legacy hand wired. It should be here this week. If I need more oomph, I have a Morgan SW50R.

Back
Top Bottom