FX8 into Suhr Bella, quick and dirty

Nice tone. I’m assuming you are playing through the clean channel of the Suhr and using the FX8 for dirt. If so, which drive is that?

Also, I also enjoyed the “momentary” reference to Born Under a Bad Sign.

Thank you, it was the Fuzz face and the Rat.
The Bella is a single channel amp. I had it set for a nice clean.

I will keep that drive combo in mind...perhaps, tomorrow when my FX8 arrives. :) Recently, my most successful combination on my real pedalboard has been a Tube Scream in front of a Vox Satchurator.

There are a few posts here stating that the drives on the FX8 can sound a little harsh. Has that been an issue for you?

BluesRock,

I'm just up the street from you in Columbus! I get mine tomorrow. Let me know if/how you can use your Satchurator with your FX8. I'm using with a Marshall JCM2000 TSL and love the distortion it provides

Columbus is where I grew up, in German Village and the area now known as Short North. My FX8 is scheduled to arrive today too. Unfortunately, with a day job and evening band practices this week, there won’t be much time to familiarize myself with it before the weekend. I’ll give you my impressions of the FX8 with the Satchuator pedal as soon as I get an opportunity. Enjoy your FX8.

I will keep that drive combo in mind...perhaps, tomorrow when my FX8 arrives. :) Recently, my most successful combination on my real pedalboard has been a Tube Scream in front of a Vox Satchurator. There are a few posts here stating that the drives on the FX8 can sound a little harsh. Has that been an issue for you?
With the latest update it's much better, With a little tweaking I got it where I wanted. Some of that high end is good for cutting thru in a band.
It's easy to get the drive to sound creamy.

I'm in Columbus. Got mine last Friday, opened it Saturday morning and gigged with it Saturday night. Sounded great with my HK Tubemeister 36.

With the latest update it's much better, With a little tweaking I got it where I wanted. Some of that high end is good for cutting thru in a band.
It's easy to get the drive to sound creamy.

Agree, creamy is easy to achieve. As with actual pedals, setting volume levels from one block to the next is the most time consuming part for me.

I am using the 4 cable method into the Suhr Bella. Could be the perfect amp for the FX8 I could do any gig with this rig.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom