FX8 i/0 questions

L8r)

I have two questions:

I built a ZeroLoss FX Loop into my Marshall head. It's designed for use with pedals, unlike many Line Level rack gear type Loops. Will the FX8 be 4CM compatible with this Zero Loss FX Loop impedance?

Also (kinda the same question) I'm wondering how the FX8 might sound patched directly into the 'mixing board' and used more like rack gear.

bump

I have two questions:

I built a ZeroLoss FX Loop into my Marshall head. It's designed for use with pedals, unlike many Line Level rack gear type Loops. Will the FX8 be 4CM compatible with this Zero Loss FX Loop impedance?

Also (kinda the same question) I'm wondering how the FX8 might sound patched directly into the 'mixing board' and used more like rack gear.

Still wondering...

i googled.

the first thing it said under "find out more" was

"Yeah headroom is not a problem for line level/+4dBu signals here with circuit adjusted appropriately."

weren't there instructions that came with the kit?

Here's the blurb with build instructions. They actually work great on the classic Marshall 50W heads
Zero-Loss FX Loop Kit - $85.00 : MetroAmp, Amplifier Kits and Parts Online Store

The circuit 'adjusted properly' is a simple component (or two) switch, IIRC. So yes, I can mod my amp Loop to accommodate an FX8 but, was rather hoping that the FX8 could be ''set'' to match my FX Loop impedance as I quite like using pedals in my FX Loop. It'd be vey cool to be able to change the output impedance of the FX8 to better integrate it with other gear, especially if that was done in software...

In the meantime, I did come up with an alternate scenario that might work quite well, and that would be to forego the 4CM hookup for a proprietary solution. This, would be to hook the entire FX8 into the Loop - fed by the amp pre and outputting to the power amp section (i.e. via the ZeroLoss™ Fx Loop) This method would allow me to keep my dirt boxes driving V1. Let me know what you think. That could work OK yes/no?

Last edited:
That blurb says nothing useful from an electrical specification standpoint. It's all marketing bullshit.

Thanks for checking back. The ZeroLoss FX Loop circuit can be modded to change the impedance to line level, but I just can't find the link for you at present. However, for my needs I prefer inserting pedals not rack gear. What I'm hoping is that the FX8 can somehow be set to accomplish a 4cm hook-up with my existing set-up. Since the FX8 will undoubtably be able to plug straight into the amp front end, I'm assuming that it will be pedal impedance friendly in it's input and output, therefore I should just be able to hook it directly into my ZeroLoss loop, as is with no 4cm (see above). That would work for me. Of course I need to know if that is indeed true before I pony up. Guess we'll have to wait till the manual shows, or at least an FX8 spec sheet pops up.

OK. I see more info is coming out in the main FX8 thread, including:
"The FX-8 can easily handle +4. Maximum input level is +20 dBu."

So I sent that and a request for specs to MetroAmp (who sell the zeroloss), and we'll see what the answer is.

I suspect you'll be okay if that's the input level range for the FX-8 (that's an incredibly HUGE range!).

Back
Top Bottom