FX8 Freeze Out

rztricky

Hi everyone,

I posted earlier about if incoming phantom power could be an issue for the FX8 over midi. It seems like that is not the issue. I've been having continuous problems with my FX8 freezing or locking up after operation for about 30 minutes. It's had the button and master board swapped out but continues to persist. I've verified that it is not my presets. After the 30 minute period it appears button inputs overwhelm or hickup the processor and the system completely freezes, or one row of buttons stops working. Tap tempo also seems to cause the issue. My set up is all 8 buttons are scenes of a bank, newest firmware and controlling a Diezel Vh4 over midi. 2 cable method only.

Has anyone else had an issue with freeze out? I have not had a single session playing live or in rehearsal that did not require multiple reboots. It occurs without the midi cable connected as well. Any feedback on troubleshooting would be much appreciated.

One immediate questions is if latching or momentary matters on the 1-8 scene buttons? Presently both under PRESET and GLOBAL the buttons are set to latching.

Thank you!

i would contact support (again?). this is not normal behavior and doesn't sound like something to troubleshoot.

I'm having a similar problem. I erased everything and re-installed FW 5.03, then I installed factory presets. So far so good, BUT I haven't installed my own presets yet.

I'm having a similar problem. I erased everything and re-installed FW 5.03, then I installed factory presets. So far so good, BUT I haven't installed my own presets yet.

Thanks for the detail. I shared this with support also and will continue troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom