FX8 Firmware V2.00 Release

just a heads up. all of the mix levels on my reverb blocks have defaulted to 100% so make sure you readjust those

I have a delay in slot 7 of my FX8. Type is a 2290 w/ mod. In the X position. No delay sound in certain configs such as mono or sweep. Also, I can not delete the delay block. When I set the block to empty and save it, the delay still remains. All this has happened since the upgrade to 2.0 FW. I am set up with 8 pre effects using the pre in and Pre left out.
Is my problem unique or does anyone else have an issue with their 2290 delay block? Other delay types work OK.
Would reapplying the FW upgrade be worth trying or should I revert back?

I have a delay in slot 7 of my FX8. Type is a 2290 w/ mod. In the X position. No delay sound in certain configs such as mono or sweep. Also, I can not delete the delay block. When I set the block to empty and save it, the delay still remains. All this has happened since the upgrade to 2.0 FW. I am in set up with 8 pre effects using the pre in and Pre left out.
Is my problem unique or does anyone else have an issue with their 2290 delay block? Other delay types work OK.
Would reapplying teh FW upgrade be worth trying or should I revert back?

what is your Output mode set to? Stereo? Sum L+R?

Update.....I was able to delete the delay block using FX Edit.I initially tried to delete from the front panel. Created a new delay block in an empty slot and had same issue. Found the phase reverse setting was defaulting to "right". Changed it to "none" and my delay came back.
Chris my Output setting is Output 1 Pre mode L+R Sum. Thanks for jumping in.

Update.....I was able to delete the delay block using FX Edit.I initially tried to delete from the front panel. Created a new delay block in an empty slot and had same issue. Found the phase reverse setting was defaulting to "right". Changed it to "none" and my delay came back.
Chris my Output setting is Output 1 Pre mode L+R Sum. Thanks for jumping in.

L+R Sum probably causes 100% phase cancellation for that 2290 delay. it's a common question for that specific delay type. so that's why changing it to None allows you to hear it.

Last edited:
Can't find sticky bank mode in settings. Seems like it happened after upgrading to 2.0

1. Press the SETUP button.
2. Press footswitch 1 to select the GLOBAL menu.
3. Page to SETTINGS.
4. Use NAV and VALUE to set STICKY PRESET BANK SELECT to “ON”.
5. Press EXIT 2x.

Can't find sticky bank mode in settings. Seems like it happened after upgrading to 2.0

3. Page to SETTINGS.
5. Press EXIT 2x.

You now scroll through discreet options for each of the right column switches.

3. Page to SETTINGS.
5. Press EXIT 2x.
SETUP->GLOBAL->FUNCTIONS

Use this menu to assign STICKY PRESETS to one of the right hand function footswitches.

Did we mention that there are also already enough great ideas that FX8 firmware 3.0 exists on paper ;)
I love how this product has taken on a life of its own.

The only thing I request for 3.0 is more, more, more... ;)

I'm really digging my FX8, guys. Thank you.

Can someone be so kind as to post the text of the release notes in this thread? Im not able to get to my computer for a bit.. Going in for a long overdue virus cleanse.

Back
Top Bottom