FX8 Firmware 3.0 coming soon!

So far the hints have been that the midi is fixed and the footswitch allocation is changed, hopefully the size of the preset/scene name is increased and a few more drive pedals as well or did I miss those?
How long does the beta testing usually last before it is available for everyone?

So far the hints have been that the midi is fixed and the footswitch allocation is changed, hopefully the size of the preset/scene name is increased and a few more drive pedals as well or did I miss those?
How long does the beta testing usually last before it is available for everyone?
There is STRONG speculation (maybe even official confirmation) that the new and much hyped FAS Boost will be included. And the new Delay pedal.

There is STRONG speculation (maybe even official confirmation) that the new and much hyped FAS Boost will be included. And the new Delay pedal.

I was hoping for some more higher gain pedals - there are plenty of boost type od's for me already but it will be interesting to see what is included.

I'm optimistic. 2.0 addressed immediate issues following the release of the FX8. A comprehensive update (firmware 3.0) that exceeds anticipations would be in keeping with FAS’s reputation.

Not so sure on this one :)

My first unit had to be returned / replaced via G66 (great Company btw!) due to faults with screens freezing up etc. so as previously documented by others, there definitely have been glitches.
understood, but i wouldn't put that on Firmware revisions.

My first unit had to be returned / replaced via G66 (great Company btw!) due to faults with screens freezing up etc. so as previously documented by others, there definitely have been glitches.
andyt: Just curious, did you receive you first unit prior to or following the 2.0 firmware update? Was the problem determined to be hardware or software?

+1
friday's gig: when i switched on the unit ,scene button and others doesn 't work .
i switched off and switched on the unit : it works.
bug .... pfffff :mad:

I actually
+1
friday's gig: when i switched on the unit ,scene button and others doesn 't work .
i switched off and switched on the unit : it works.
bug .... pfffff :mad:

I had this issue as well, but it seemed to be a faulty hardware component, not sure. The good part of this story is how fast fractal rectified the issue without any bullshit. I'm actually kinda glad I got to experience the support first hand, it made me confident that Fractal would back up the product they made going forward.

andyt: Just curious, did you receive you first unit prior to or following the 2.0 firmware update? Was the problem determined to be hardware or software?

Not 100% sure but I believe it was post 2.0. As to the actual underlying issue, it was never stated though could well have been hardware related as I could repeat the issue every time.

Thankfully my second unit is much more stable and I've gigged with it a couple a times without incident, though I have still witnessed being stuck on block edit screens from time to time (not easy to repeat though).

NB: I'm not complaining - it's a fantastic unit which is easy to use and great sounding to my ears, and I can also confirm that Fractal are without doubt first rate at sorting out issues.

though I have still witnessed being stuck on block edit screens from time to time (not easy to repeat though).
was it different block edit screens? has it ever frozen anywhere other than edit screens? how long did it freeze and did it become responsive after that without a reboot? how often would you say it happens? did it happen shortly after power on, or at various times?

sorry, i couldn't think of 21 questions :) but if you can answer some or all of those, it can help us track the issue. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom