Wish FX8 features in MFC - Press and hold to toggle X/Y

Fl7x

Inspired
I don't know if it was suggested before or even if it's possible, but it would be great to have some of the FX8 features included in the MFC, like the "Press and Hold" footswitch to toggle between X and Y states of a block.

I don't mind if we (MFC users) don't have an amber LCD to show the state change. It can be implemented like the scenes change, showing the state (X or Y) of the block briefly in the screen when you toggle between them.

i would guess it can be done, probably just a matter of time. I've gotten use to using scenes if i need to change x/y status and scene controllers if say, i just need more gain. would be great to have more scene controllers too!

I'd love to have press and hold capability, in order to free up IA switches. I only use one x/y right now (Amps) but it would be great to have extra Drive, Delay, etc settings. I don't always use Scenes and sometimes I just want to switch one effect. More options are always better! ;-)

I don't know if it was suggested before or even if it's possible, but it would be great to have some of the FX8 features included in the MFC, like the "Press and Hold" footswitch to toggle between X and Y states of a block.

I don't mind if we (MFC users) don't have an amber LCD to show the state change. It can be implemented like the scenes change, showing the state (X or Y) of the block briefly in the screen when you toggle between them.
+1 Yes!! This would be awesome!!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

This would really be useful to me to free up switches. I currently use 4 x/y switches(Delay, Delay, Reverb, Drive). I would love to be able to control my Chorus x/y, Tremolo x/y, Phaser x/y, Rotary x/y and Flanger x/y without having to figure out some complicated scene programs which always result in me having to compromise. I could free up 4 IA switches so that I can control other blocks in my MFC such as PEQ's, Filters, Compressor, etc.....

Fractal doesn't seem to pay to much attention to the MFC101, at least not in terms of addressing wish requests. It would be pretty easy conceptually to implement this I would think. Just have the button blink when the associated block is in Y mode. So blinking Red=Y mode off and blinking Green-X mode off. A long press would toggle between X and Y and a short press would turn the block on and off. Therefore, the fact that it hasn't been implemented would lead me to believe it is not possible. I've got to think an MFC102 is in the pipeline. Anyone getting introduced to Fractal with the AX8 looking to "move up" will be disappointed by the inflexibility of the MFC101 when compared to the AX8's built-in foot controller.
-
Austin

Necro-Bump?
Uhm... The MFC deserves it.

I would rather see some software improvements on our MFC rather than a new hardware revision.

Back
Top Bottom