FX8 EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS

ATR1

Inspired
Hello ,
I just received my FX8 late Friday. I have been watching AXE FX videos on youtube to kinda get familiar with the device. Will you be releasing any video for FX8 explaining setup, building presets/scenes, tweaking effects, ect. soon?

Thx ATR

Great idea! I'm waiting on my FX8 and have also been watching the videos on Youtube,and they're great,but actual instructional videos would be killer!!

thanks for sharing my video.

however, i might suggest that a new user watch the entire thing.

too many people skip the explanation part of instructional videos and go to the "turn this" part of things. then they have a specific setup from the video, but don't actually know what they did and get in trouble at the gig or don't know how to make their own setup.

the Axe-Fx is a deep device. it can be easy if you stick with basic functions like presets. but if you choose to use advanced functions, you should know what you're doing. my video provides that, and skipping over that vital basic information is not a good idea.

people have been using Scenes for years now, yet some users still don't know you can change XY with it even after all this time, and others don't know you can turn blocks on and off - the 2 fundamentals of Scenes.

there's another thread recently where someone skipped over the first part of my video and ended up being completely lost. i try to put only important information in the videos and cut out extraneous stuff.

it's funny. before i started doing videos, i would type out solutions on the forum. then people said they don't want to read and would rather watch a video. so i started doing that. then people said the videos were too long and would rather read the few sentences they need. but the problem is, if we just type out those few sentences and you don't understand MIDI or Presets, or computers, etc., then people complain that we don't teach you what PC or CC means, haha!

so skip it if you really want to. but when you get lost, go back and watch the whole thing from the beginning and find what you've been missing.

as stated, that was a video made for the Axe-Fx. i don't own an FX8, so i can't help people with it.

Hello ,
I just received my FX8 late Friday. I have been watching AXE FX videos on youtube to kinda get familiar with the device. Will you be releasing any video for FX8 explaining setup, building presets/scenes, tweaking effects, ect. soon?

Thx ATR

Much of the "tweaking" related processes are identical to the Axe-Fx, but yes. Official tutorial videos are forthcoming.

Chris' videos are the best. Very simple to understand, yet very detailed. Follow his advice and watch the whole thing.

thanks for sharing my video.

however, i might suggest that a new user watch the entire thing.

too many people skip the explanation part of instructional videos and go to the "turn this" part of things. then they have a specific setup from the video, but don't actually know what they did and get in trouble at the gig or don't know how to make their own setup.

the Axe-Fx is a deep device. it can be easy if you stick with basic functions like presets. but if you choose to use advanced functions, you should know what you're doing. my video provides that, and skipping over that vital basic information is not a good idea.

people have been using Scenes for years now, yet some users still don't know you can change XY with it even after all this time, and others don't know you can turn blocks on and off - the 2 fundamentals of Scenes.

there's another thread recently where someone skipped over the first part of my video and ended up being completely lost. i try to put only important information in the videos and cut out extraneous stuff.

it's funny. before i started doing videos, i would type out solutions on the forum. then people said they don't want to read and would rather watch a video. so i started doing that. then people said the videos were too long and would rather read the few sentences they need. but the problem is, if we just type out those few sentences and you don't understand MIDI or Presets, or computers, etc., then people complain that we don't teach you what PC or CC means, haha!

so skip it if you really want to. but when you get lost, go back and watch the whole thing from the beginning and find what you've been missing.

as stated, that was a video made for the Axe-Fx. i don't own an FX8, so i can't help people with it.

I just watched it from the beginning and it's killer! Hopefully you'll do some FX8 videos but this one was really helpful!

Maybe it's a generational thing. I grew up pre-Youtube and much prefer to read documentation than watch video for techy instructional things. Much faster to skim thru text to find the info I need.

I'm curious.. for all those wanting instructional videos.. how old are you?

The FX8 manual is just great, everything you need to know to use the product is right there in plain text and illustrations. Right out of the box, in a nicely bound paper manual. It's all I needed.

Recently my kid discovered the world of Minecraft 'mods' online... people create and share all these mods and skins that change the looks and behaviors in the game. It gets pretty technical, even just installing and loading some of these (java paths and jar files and whatnot), so my kid asks me for help. You think I can find ANY written documentation? Nothing! Just 10 million videos showing how to do every little Minecraft thing, usually narrated by kids and teens. Drives me bonkers! I don't have time to sit through these vids just to get my kid's game set up.

IMO.. YMMV.. :)

Rather than a generation thing, it may be a learning style thing. I too grew up during the pre-video area and as such, had few options except to read manuals and articles. As a visual/auditory learner, videos would have been my preference if they were available.

I have been combing through the manuals of the AXE FX for the effects portion and the FX8 for the rest. Some people are visual and some are readers I'm 48 and like both but nothing tells it like someone showing you how to do something.(as long as it is the correct way) I am basic when it comes to effects and find that with more option I tend to spend hours tweaking nobs/clicking instead of playing. I own a MB Mark V that is a tweak monster. I have started the learning curve. My biggest problem right now is the Delays. I realized I do not know how these work all the knobs do different things except for what I want. That's where I see a video showing and explaining what each knob will do. . I understand the 1/8s & 1/4 stuff but cant seam to find the right nobs to adjust how much you hear on the trailing delay part. I will keep watching videos.. Awesome job on most of the Axe FX videos I have seen on youtube! I prefer the videos with the computer as to looking at the little screen on the devise..
Thx ATR1

I have been combing through the manuals of the AXE FX for the effects portion and the FX8 for the rest. Some people are visual and some are readers I'm 48 and like both but nothing tells it like someone showing you how to do something.(as long as it is the correct way) I am basic when it comes to effects and find that with more option I tend to spend hours tweaking nobs/clicking instead of playing. I own a MB Mark V that is a tweak monster. I have started the learning curve. My biggest problem right now is the Delays. I realized I do not know how these work all the knobs do different things except for what I want. That's where I see a video showing and explaining what each knob will do. . I understand the 1/8s & 1/4 stuff but cant seam to find the right nobs to adjust how much you hear on the trailing delay part. I will keep watching videos.. Awesome job on most of the Axe FX videos I have seen on youtube! I prefer the videos with the computer as to looking at the little screen on the devise..
Thx ATR1

I agree with this. So many delay and reverb parameters, I would love a simple straightforward explanation as to what they all do exactly.

I agree with this. So many delay and reverb parameters, I would love a simple straightforward explanation as to what they all do exactly.

That is a problem a lot of us have. You have a delay pedal like a Carbon Copy and it has 3 knobs. Then you get into the delays in the axe ect. and your confused and don't know what does what.

I will get my FX8 next week and do some videos as I've done in the past. Hopefully it will be helpful for real life live settings like boosting solos etc.

Back
Top Bottom