Wish FX8-Edit Software Similar to AX8-Edit

Mesatallic

I wish the layout of the FX8-Edit software was the same as on AX8-Edit.

Obviously minus the Amp Sim/Cab Blocks.

When I bought my FX8, I was disappointed as I was expecting the software to look the same.

It seems more complicated to add and reorder blocks in the signal chain, before/in fx loop etc.

What do you guys think?

I had the FX8 for quite some time before getting the AX8 so my experience is vice-versa. Hasn't really tweaked me though to have 2 different layouts as they can be configured in different ways and they both make sense.

It's not the software that's different, its the hardware.

The AX8 has a 4x12 grid layout, for use as a stand-alone guitar rig, without needing an amp.

The layout of the FX8 reflects its intended use: a "pre" signal chain and a "post" signal chain, for use with the amp of your choice.

Except for the grid, FX8-Edit and AX8-Edit look very much alike.

I just changed from the FX8 to the AX8 due to the Amp/Cab sims and (imo) better AX8-Edit software interface.

Also using the 4 cable method, which is a little different to set up than the FX8, thanks Ola!
I now have the option to go through the pre amp section of my Mesa MkV 25 or use the Mesa Mkiic++ and Recto sims.

Just need to figure out how to switch amp channels using relays, the same way as I did with the FX8 (if possible)
Otherwise I'm going to have to use midi with a RJM Switch Gizmo.

I just changed from the FX8 to the AX8 due to the Amp/Cab sims and (imo) better AX8-Edit software interface.

Also using the 4 cable method, which is a little different to set up than the FX8, thanks Ola!
I now have the option to go through the pre amp section of my Mesa MkV 25 or use the Mesa Mkiic++ and Recto sims.

Just need to figure out how to switch amp channels using relays, the same way as I did with the FX8 (if possible)
Otherwise I'm going to have to use midi with a RJM Switch Gizmo.
the AX8 does not have relay outputs.

just echoing what yek said, the FX8 software is different because the hardware is completely different. but it sounds like you found something that you like better. that's all that really matters.

I have both. I mostly play my AX8. What is frustrating with the FX8 is this layout restriction. I have 8 effects selected, and am only at 54% CPU power. I have plenty of power left, but no blocks to put effects. Much like my AX8, I would assign my Wha to my external pedal, so I don't need a footswitch for it.

Back
Top Bottom