FX8 Edit connection issue

JIMMY G

Inspired
If I turn on the FX8 and then open FX8 edit it connects just fine. But if I turn it on (FX8) push any switch or change something then open FX8 edit it wont connect to the FX8. It shows its connected in the upper left corner but then it says: Cant find the firmware version or something like that. I have to shut the FX8 down and start FX8 edit right away before I do anything. If I connect to FX8 right away then pause it and do stuff it will re-connect again. So I've just been connecting to FX8 edit right away and pausing it so I don't have to shut off the FX8 and turn it on again to get it to connect. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I'm still running into this and have to restart my computer when I want to reconnect. Never had this issue before the last release. Thanks

Other applications that support USB MIDI have been causing issues with FX8 communication with both FX-Edit and Fractal Bot. In particular, newer versions of Chrome grab the USB MIDI connection to the FX8. Because the FX8 USB MIDI 1.1, there is only one connection. Make sure all your MIDI supported applications are completely terminated when using the editor.

Other applications that support USB MIDI have been causing issues with FX8 communication with both FX-Edit and Fractal Bot. In particular, newer versions of Chrome grab the USB MIDI connection to the FX8. Because the FX8 USB MIDI 1.1, there is only one connection. Make sure all your MIDI supported applications are completely terminated when using the editor.
Is there something other than the Chrome issue that could cause this? I'm seeing it with AX8 Edit fairly often on my MacBook without Chrome or any other MIDI applications running. Some combination of quitting Edit, cycling the AX8 and unplugging the USB cable eventually fixes it, which makes me think it's a problem with the editor or AX8/FX8 rather than another app grabbing the MIDI port.

I Just purchased an FX8 Mark II. I been having issues with connecting to FX8 Edit. I found if I use a 3 foot USB cable it works pretty good. If I use a 6 foot cable it is hit and miss. Anything longer it wont connect. Would like to use a longer cable. I'm Running Windows 7. Any Ideas?

I Just purchased an FX8 Mark II. I been having issues with connecting to FX8 Edit. I found if I use a 3 foot USB cable it works pretty good. If I use a 6 foot cable it is hit and miss. Anything longer it wont connect. Would like to use a longer cable. I'm Running Windows 7. Any Ideas?
a powered USB hub can help sometimes, but long USB runs are not recommended.

a powered USB hub can help sometimes, but long USB runs are not recommended.
I would like to use a 10 or 15 foot cable. It's longer but not that long. I will try unistalling google on the laptop and see if that makes any difference. Reading about google stealing midi ports.

Update. I uninstalled google chrome on my windows 7 laptop and now I can connect using a 15 ft usb cable. All is good in the hood.

I haven’t able to backup my FX8(other than 1 preset at a time) with FractalBot.

I keep getting a timeout message.

Anyone else have this issue since the latest update?

Back
Top Bottom