FX8-Edit 1.7.1 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FX8-Edit 1.7.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fx-8-edit.php

MacOS users please note: If updating from 1.7.0 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 1.7.1 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

Release 1.7.1
December 17, 2019

REQUIRES FX8 Firmware 5.00 or newer.

New Features

1. Rebuilt the MacOS verion of FX8-Edit as a 64-bit application. In order to keep the Windows and OSX versions in lock-step with each other, the version number was incremented and both applications were rebuilt.

Outstanding!! I've been making all of my tweaks from the unit and this is sooooo much quicker and easier! Bravo, Mr. Pickens! You have given my FX8 a breath of fresh air and I'm going to toy with it and re-tool my presets all week! Thank you for looking after all of us; you are appreciated, sir! Happy New Year! 🤩

FX8-Edit 1.7.1 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fx-8-edit.php

MacOS users please note: If updating from 1.7.0 or earlier, please update directly from the Fractal Audio website. The auto-update functionality was changed in 1.7.1 to use the now standard installable .dmg file format. Previous editor versions assumed the .pkg format and will show an error message upon attempting to auto-update.

Release 1.7.1
December 17, 2019

REQUIRES FX8 Firmware 5.00 or newer.

New Features

1. Rebuilt the MacOS verion of FX8-Edit as a 64-bit application. In order to keep the Windows and OSX versions in lock-step with each other, the version number was incremented and both applications were rebuilt.
Woot! Now that’s loyalty to the customer, right there.

In addition to MacOS, the new firmware is running great on Windows 7 and 10.

Hello!

I upgraded my mac and can no longer connect my FX8 to my Mac running FX8-edit. The Mac has got USB-c and I have an adapter that is working fine on all other devices. I have reinstalled the latest version of the FX8-edit but nothing seems to work. It works fine on my old mac air.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Calle

Back
Top Bottom