FX8 dual electric and acoustic question

camaro69boy

This is my first post. I'm looking forward to getting my first piece of Fractal gear with the FX8 and could use the expertise of current AxeFX users to plan the setup.

I plan to use FX8 with my Mesa Rectoverb 25 amp. One of my guitars is a Music Man JP BFR with a piezo. I use a Line 6 G50 wireless system (TS cable) and switch from magnetic to piezo on the guitar. I believe JP runs an ABY splitter sending piezo to a DI and magnetic to amps. I plan to run similar but would like the FX8 tied into piezo for acoustic effects. My thought is to create acoustic and electric patches on the FX8 wired up like this:

1. Guitar -> FX8 input -> FX8 pre out -> MIDI ABY amp selector (Decibel 11 Split Personality or RJM Y-Not) ->

Side A (magnetic): front of amp -> amp effects loop send -> FX8 post in -> FX8 post out -> amp effects loop return

Side B (piezo): Fishman Aura Spectrum DI -> PA

The problem I see here is acoustic effects are before the imaging preamp of the Aura. I'm also not sure the looper in the FX8 would work and route the sound properly when switching from acoustic to electric patches.

Would it work better to run two loops in the FX8 post, one with the Aura and the other for the amp? Since I run the electric amp in mono, is it possible to run the FX8 wired in stereo (left for electric and right for acoustic) and just create patches in mono for either side? Looking forward to your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom