FX8 -Discontinued?

Stevel0213

Has fractal discontinued the FX8 MKII?? If so will they continue to support it? I don't see it offered any longer.

Depends on what you mean by support. If you mean will they help if something goes wrong with it? All you need to do is go to any of their legacy product forums and see they still stand behind their products. If you're looking for continued updates, only Fractal can answer that.

That's great to hear. Your example may be an exception to the rule. I had both an Ultra and MFC support dropped within months of purchase. Just providing an objective answer from my experiences - in the interests of the community.

Not to hi-jack this thread but it is mind blowing that the market doesn't support continuing the FX8. This product is the end all be all for electric guitar players that want to use effects into an amp. I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but this thing is so amazing. I can't imagine ever going back to pedals. Cheers to FAS.

I know the FM3 is the product to fill the FX8/AX8 niche, but the functionality of the FX8 is so incredible. As I old-school, die-hard pedalboard nut, who has forgone all pedals for the FX8, I would love to see an updated FX8 with an FM3 screen/UI -- it would be a huge hit.

I was one of the first to buy the FX8 (full price) - I play on a Praise & Worship team in a room the fits 400. I use a very modded DRRI (Mercury/NOS) & a Eric J/62RI Strat/Les Paul Classic P+/Tak. EAN 46c / I spent days refining the presets to my needs & modern P&W. (old rocker) /

- when i do harmonics, my tone out the the FX8/EJ strat = I have been told is as if 'angels are singing' - & have been complemented/bragged about many times for my tone.

Auto engage Wha - volume swells (mission ped) are very useful & the reverb ...are off the chart

I had one issue that shut it down - i contacted support - they said i would need to send it in - latter that day, i got a notice they did a patch fix it & to DL it. I did, it worked perfect & i have not had a issue since. Fractal support was a 10. Could not ask for better.

Fractal changed my tone & to this day the inspiration to play the rig is till is still very high .

I am on the FM3 wait list

Stay humble
JD

It isn't offered for sale anymore but we most certainly continue to offer support.
Thanks so much for the response. To echo a lot of respondents here...after 30 years of gigging, I too abandoned uber heavy massive pedal boards in favor of this great all in one unit. It's been an incredible improvement on so many levels I couldn't begin to list them all.

That said, with it's discontinuance I'm concerned that should something go wrong and I need to replace it is, Fractal planning to offer a product to replace it or do we have to migrate the the AXE series?

Thanks again....

Back
Top Bottom