FX8 Digital high pitched whistle noise

Just getting deeper into programming my new (second hand) FX8 and before going any further I decided do some proper A/B comparisons at gig levels between the noise that is present when plugging directly to my amp compared to going through the FX8.

No matter what I try, there is an ever present, high pitched whistle that sounds like some sort of digital interference.
My problem is almost identical to the first issue experienced by an AX8 user in this thread:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/high-pitched-whistle.119460/

I’m wondering if I have a faulty unit as I’ve tried almost every combination of power leads / power sources and jack leads, adjusting the I/O settings which makes no discernible difference, adjusting the True Bypass settings, global noise gate and EQ levels.
I am running hum buster cables and yet the noise is still present even in 2CM.
The noise is present as soon as a jack lead is plugged into the IN (PRE). I've tried several cables here including hum busters.
The same noise is present even with no guitar connected.
The USB lead is not connected so there's no interference from a computer.

I was looking forward to making the FX8 the core of my setup replacing a Line 6 Helix with this but the noise is too much of a compromise.
Not sure what to do! Any help much appreciated.

I have attached sound files demonstrating noise compared between going straight to my amp and with the FX8 in the chain.
This is on the clean channel but the noise is vastly exaggerated on a gain channel.

I had the same problem even though I run Ebtech Hum Eliminator The Problem was the I/o Settings reduce output to 6.0 I had a higher setting it created the noise when set to high

Thanks for your replies. After much fiddling it turned out to be a physical problem with the FX8 which I discovered after wiggling the power lead in the input connector. I think a connection must have been loose but all seems good now.
456FF881-76CC-42CF-AD87-7A2854B983C1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom