FX8 cutting out in 4CM

darkknight91

Inspired
I have an FX8 in 4CM with a Bogner 3534. When I first turn on the rig it works fine until I switch channels then it goes silent. I unplugged the fx loop and kept the front end of the amp plugged in. It works fine as long as the the fx loop section isn’t plugged into the amp. I’ve been trying to eliminate the problem so I plugged the front end of the FX8 into the front of the amp. I did not hook up the post amp fx section of the FX8 i n to the amp loop. I hooked up a digital delay pedal in the loop of the amp. Everything works fine even after switching channels on the amp and presets on the FX8. Something is causing the post amp fx loop of the FX8 section to shut down. It just started doing this out of the blue and I’m at my wits end trying to figure it out. Never had this problem until now.

Last edited:
I have an FX8 in 4CM with a Bogner 3534. When I first turn on the rig it works fine until I switch channels then it goes silent. I unplugged the fx loop and kept the front end of the amp plugged in. It works fine as long as the the fx loop section isn’t plugged into the amp. I’ve been trying to eliminate the problem so I plugged the front end of the FX8 into the front of the amp. I did not hook up the post amp fx section of the FX8 i n to the amp loop. I hooked up a digital delay pedal in the loop of the amp. Everything works fine even after switching channels on the amp and presets on the FX8. Something is causing the post amp fx loop of the FX8 section to shut down. It just started doing this out of the blue and I’m at my wits end trying to figure it out. Never had this problem until now.
Edit: I just noticed you said it is initially working but stops working as soon as you switch channels, so my reply below may not be helpful but at least it "bumps" your post :)

If you were saying this was happening on an AXE FX II then I would say you probably have the volume turned all the way off on the second output level (I turned it off one time by dusting the output level knobs).

However, the FX8 does not have the external output level controllers BUT you do have a "Return M.V." knob on the back of the 3534.

Is it turned all the way down or set really low?

3534 Possible Issue.JPG

You said you tried a delay pedal so I am assuming it might be set fine but check to see if you need to turn it up more for the FX8.

If that is not the culprit then check your manual for the way the "Assign FX" is set since it might be the issue.

Also, check to see if the cables from the FX8 are connected correctly (in/out) since you might have them switched around.

Also, try using a "blank" preset on the FX8 to allow the amp to sound through without any effects.

If it works then your presets might have something globally affecting it.

Also, check to see if it happens on just one preset with effects or all of them (you didn't mention if you tried more than one preset here).

I narrowed it down to one preset on the FX8. When I switched to that preset it killed the sound. When I switched back to any of the other presets that were working, they were no longer working after switching to the one cutting out. I would have to shut down the FX8 and start over. I finally just made a new preset from scratch in another location and it’s working as long as I don’t go back to that preset that was cutting out. I can’t explain it.

Back
Top Bottom