FX8 Block set up

Can anyone help. Just received my FX8. I cannot get all the block effects to work on the same scene. i went to Config but cant figure out how to get all 8 effect to work. I have set up PRE being my Fender amp has no effects send and effect return. only a guitar input. This FX8 is giving me a run for my money. i am used to pedals and knobs lol.

Can anyone help. Just received my FX8. I cannot get all the block effects to work on the same scene. i went to Config but cant figure out how to get all 8 effect to work. I have set up PRE being my Fender amp has no effects send and effect return. only a guitar input. This FX8 is giving me a run for my money. i am used to pedals and knobs lol.

On the CFG tab of the main screen, have you set "PRE/POST" to "8/0"? The first number is the number of blocks in the PRE stage of the FX8, and the second is the number of blocks on the POST. If you do not put all of the effects in the PRE stage, you will not hear them without wiring your POST Loop.

On the CFG tab of the main screen, have you set "PRE/POST" to "8/0"? The first number is the number of blocks in the PRE stage of the FX8, and the second is the number of blocks on the POST. If you do not put all of the effects in the PRE stage, you will not hear them without wiring your POST Loop.

Hi Joe,

When using 4 cable method is it possible to mute the pre stage so I only hear the guitar and effects in post bypassing the pre?

As if the guitar and fx8 was plugged directly into the loop?

Hi Joe,

When using 4 cable method is it possible to mute the pre stage so I only hear the guitar and effects in post bypassing the pre?

As if the guitar and fx8 was plugged directly into the loop?

Also on the CFG tab of the main screen, there is parameter called "BYPASS". It's values are PRE, POST, and ALL. By setting this to PRE, any time TRUE BYPASS is engaged, it will only bypass the effects block in the PRE stage.

Also on the CFG tab of the main screen, there is parameter called "BYPASS". It's values are PRE, POST, and ALL. By setting this to PRE, any time TRUE BYPASS is engaged, it will only bypass the effects block in the PRE stage.

But that only mutes the pre stage effects correct not the preamp of the amp ? For example if i were using a high gain amp, muting the pre stage would not mute the amp preamp so the sound would then be clean. correct?

Thanks

But that only mutes the pre stage effects correct not the preamp of the amp ? For example if i were using a high gain amp, muting the pre stage would not mute the amp preamp so the sound would then be clean. correct?

Thanks

TRUE BYPASS does not mute the audio, it engages circuitry that by passes the Digital converters. The audio is routed from Input Pre to Output Pre. So, your preamp will not be bypassed.

TRUE BYPASS does not mute the audio, it engages circuitry that by passes the Digital converters. The audio is routed from Input Pre to Output Pre. So, your preamp will not be bypassed.

Would it be possible to perhaps add the ability to bypass the preamp in a future release?

Thanks

I just took the FX8 out of the box and am trying to set up blocks. everything was fine until i tried to change some of the presets now i only can here 6 blocks not the full 8 ;(

Thanks for reaching out. i tried to set up Config like that. I only have the guitar input to plug in. I have fender deluxe amp with no effects inputs. So i am really confused. wish there was tech support to walk me through the problems i am having setting this unit up.

I just took the FX8 out of the box and am trying to set up blocks. everything was fine until i tried to change some of the presets now i only can here 6 blocks not the full 8 ;(
Go back to the Configure page and set the Pre/Post split to 8/0 instead of 6/2.

How do you put the effects in the pre stage I have n
CFG 8.0 no sound at all
Looks like you are setup correctly. Check the bypass setting for all your blocks. They should be set for thru not mute in or out.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I dealt with this last night. 8/0 means you have 8 pre effects and 0 post effects. You don't have an fx look on your amp therefore ALL your effects will ALWAYS be pre. That is why Mr. Rogers recommended you to put 8/0 at Cfg tab.

You can only bypass the pre amp of the amp if you have an effects loop which you don't.

Also, make sure the TRUE BYPASS is off. I was trying to use my looper last night and could not get playback until I realized I had it on. If it's ON and you don't have any effects in the pre it basically just bypasses the pre. Joe Rogers please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

I dealt with this last night. 8/0 means you have 8 pre effects and 0 post effects. You don't have an fx look on your amp therefore ALL your effects will ALWAYS be pre. That is why Mr. Rogers recommended you to put 8/0 at Cfg tab.

You can only bypass the pre amp of the amp if you have an effects loop which you don't.

Also, make sure the TRUE BYPASS is off. I was trying to use my looper last night and could not get playback until I realized I had it on. If it's ON and you don't have any effects in the pre it basically just bypasses the pre. Joe Rogers please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

All of that is correct. If you are running 8/0, and you engage TRUE BYPASS on the PRE stage, then you completely bypass digital processing including the looper. To keep the looper engaged with no effects, I suggest creating a SCENE with all effects bypassed.

Oh nice! Thanks I will try that.

So when do you really want to have the True Bypass ON?

TRUE BYPASS completely bypasses the digital processing, and provides you with a completely dry signal. When you "need" it is entirely up to you. Personally, the only time I use it is when I am creating presets, and I want to test the preset for unity gain. That is, I want to make sure that there are no dramatic jumps in volume. This way, I am sure that when I change presets, I don't get any surprises.

Thanks I will try this thing is hard for me I'm used to pedals I'm having kinds of problem. I hoping they have someone at Fractal that can help me set this FX8 up

Back
Top Bottom