FX8 as floor controller for axe fx2

bke

Inspired
hi all,

I currently have an fx8 which is great, am very tempted to get an axe fx2, I had one a while ago but traded it for a guitar...

Am wondering how easy it is to use the fx8 as a foot controller for it? How limiting it is? Can use the pedal input on the fx8 to control a wah on the axe fx2 etc

Don't want to swap my fx 8 for an ax8 as love the transparency of the fx8 with my amps, and the relays (yes, tried the axe8 in 4cm and it was good, but prefer the fx8 in that setup,

Thanks

The FX8 has limited functionality as a foot controller, particularly in terms of the CCs it can send. It won't let you send data from a connected pedal to downstream gear. But it really opens up some effects possibilities when you have both units handling the audio.

If you still have that AX8 lying around, try it with your FX8. The AX8 has its own built-in foot controller, so you're golden. :)

Reactions: bke
@Admin M@ said he thought the AX8 and FX8 would make a stellar combo. I sold my Axe with the intention of getting an AX8 and trying that out* but never got around to ordering the AX8. I ordered another amp instead lol.

* I decided to sell my Axe well before I read Matt’s comment so it wasn’t his fault. ;)

Reactions: bke
hmmm, had only considered an ax8 as replacement for fx8, but the two together could be awesome... i had a lone of an ax8 for a few months and really liked it, but as above prefer the fx8 with amps.. but using them both together would get around the DSP issue i ran into sometimes with complicated patches, would be a lot cheaper and at least around here the ax8 seems to sell quicker in 2nd hand market if i ever wanted to move on again...

This could be interesting!

hmmm, had only considered an ax8 as replacement for fx8, but the two together could be awesome... i had a lone of an ax8 for a few months and really liked it, but as above prefer the fx8 with amps.. but using them both together would get around the DSP issue i ran into sometimes with complicated patches, would be a lot cheaper and at least around here the ax8 seems to sell quicker in 2nd hand market if i ever wanted to move on again...

This could be interesting!

Those mirror some of my own thoughts. In the end I decided that (a) I wanted to keep it relatively simple and (b) The AX8 + FX8 + expression pedals would be too wide for my home use. I ended up with the FX8 and a BigSky (which addresses potential CPU issues).

Back
Top Bottom