FX8 as A/B?

Budda

Axe-Master
Can I do this?

There's the potential for me to get a second amp to run clean, and use my JCM800 as my dirt. I wouldn't be changing anything in terms of my effects, but can I assign relays to function as A/B? Has anyone tried this?

I'll check the manual, but perhaps someone has already tried it.

Unless the amps have a switchable tuner/mute option I don't believe this can be done with the Relays. The easiest option may be to add a Volume/Pan block at the end of the chain and attach Scene Controllers and/or Control Switches to select the amp connected to the Left or Right Outs. If you use Scene Controllers, you would be able to blend both amps with the amount of each you would want per scene.

If you elect to try this, in the Setup>I/O>Audio page you may want to set the Outputs to 'SUM L+R'.

I'm hoping you can use the FX8 as an A/B switch so i can use it for both electric and acoustic guitar. Can you not say, have one scene/preset to pan Left and one to pan right?

I'm hoping you can use the FX8 as an A/B switch so i can use it for both electric and acoustic guitar. Can you not say, have one scene/preset to pan Left and one to pan right?

I'm hoping that's a workaround.

I'm thinking that this could be done with specific amps....
I have a mesa Roadster and one of the inputs in the back is tuner out which mutes the amp. On any other amp, you could turn the master off on the channel your not using and plug in, from the fractal relay, into one of it's channels. In my case it's a mesa mark iv which has individual inputs per channel.
So, if this works...(I have not tried it), relay one has a trs/ts cable, one of the ts cables would go into the tuner jack of the roadster and the other ts would go to an input channel of the mark iv.

OR.....I have no idea what I'm talking about! hahaha.......

I'm picking up my second amp today. I may convert my volume killswitch patch to an a/b pan, as I believe my reverbs and delays are set to mono. If they were stereo, the idea wouldn't work.

I do have an A/B coming, hopefully next week with any luck.

Just tried panning one patch left and the other right for both electric and acoustic and seems to do the trick, electric side wired 4cm and acoustic side all effects pre-amp and took my output to the desk from the Out (Pre) jack for acoustic :)

I own, use, and would recommend a Lehle Dual SGoS A/B switcher box with MIDI for your needs. The relays on the FX-8 is designed to replace the footswitch on amp's with channel switching, not for use as an A/B box. Will you be sending your FX-8 effects signal into the amp's input? What kind of amps are you using and will you run your signal into the effects loop of both amps? The Dual SGoS requires a power supply to run it on your pedal board.

I own, use, and would recommend a Lehle Dual SGoS A/B switcher box with MIDI for your needs. The relays on the FX-8 is designed to replace the footswitch on amp's with channel switching, not for use as an A/B box. Will you be sending your FX-8 effects signal into the amp's input? What kind of amps are you using and will you run your signal into the effects loop of both amps? The Dual SGoS requires a power supply to run it on your pedal board.

My A/B should be done this week. All I need is something to select between amps at the end of the chain. My signal is as follows: guitar->fx8->a/b-> twin/JCM800.

My A/B should be done this week. All I need is something to select between amps at the end of the chain. My signal is as follows: guitar->fx8->a/b-> twin/JCM800.

What kind of A/B box did you buy? The Fender Twin/ Marshall JCM800 w/2x12 or 4x12 cab is an awesome, yet heavy combination to move around.

What kind of A/B box did you buy? The Fender Twin/ Marshall JCM800 w/2x12 or 4x12 cab is an awesome, yet heavy combination to move around.

There's a small builder in Toronto called Ellman Tone, he made us ours. The ground switch is a lifesaver.

It's a heavy rig but there's 4 people to help move it.

Back
Top Bottom