FX8 and Synergy amps

serge20261

Inspired
Yesterday I received my Synergy SYN2 and Synergy 5050 power amp,Ive connected the FX8 via the SYN2
Loop 4 Cable method,the first module sounds as though the time effects are post ,but when I switch to the second module it’s sounds awful the time effects sound pre Amp
Any suggestions

Possibly as a test try going from FX8 Pre to the inputs of the Syn2, then out of Syn2 into FX8 post in and then FX8 post out to the input of the Synergy 5050 poweramp.

I took a look at the manual. This should also work.

Connect Main outs of the Syn 2 to the 5050 poweramp

Incorporate the FX8

Guitar --> FX8 in
FX8 pre out to Inst in of Syn2
FX Send of Syn2 to FX8 Post In
FX8 post outs to Syn2 FX Returns.

Do not use the inputs Amp In, Amp Send and Return on the Syn2. That is for adding a Syn2 to an existing combo amp or head and incorporating the amps preamp when the Syn2 preamps are bypassed.

How do you have it cabled now?

Last edited:
Nice I recently bought a Syn2 with the Morgan AC and Friedman DS modules. I have it in a rack with my XL in 4cm. I'm using the power station as my power amp. Its working great. What modules did you get?

Chain
Guitar> Axe input
Axe Out 2 > Synergy guitar in
Axe Out 1> Synergy FX return
Syn FX send > Axe Input 2

Trying what stratamania suggested isn't a bad idea. Otherwise might it be a setting in your patch?

For sure. Yea I'd feel naked without having something FAS in my rig at this point. It fits with any rig. I was always happy with the direct tone and still love it when practicing. It was the Power Amp/Cab tone that I still think isn't translating quite right to me. The other guitarist in my band has some amazing tones and a really good ear. His pedalboard and bogner ectasy just were always sounding better to me.

Nice I recently bought a Syn2 with the Morgan AC and Friedman DS modules. I have it in a rack with my XL in 4cm. I'm using the power station as my power amp. Its working great. What modules did you get?

Chain
Guitar> Axe input
Axe Out 2 > Synergy guitar in
Axe Out 1> Synergy FX return
Syn FX send > Axe Input 2

Trying what stratamania suggested isn't a bad idea. Otherwise might it be a setting in your patch?
I also purchased the Morgan the DS and TDLX

How does the synergy modules compare to an amp head? How is the feel and sound of the modules compared to the real thing?

I solved the problem,the synergy effects loop doesn’t like TRS cables once I changed them to TS all good

Good, you solved it.

So are you using just TS to TS cables or Humbuster TRS to TS.

Do you have it connected similarly to what I mentioned above, or in some other way? Might be useful for somebody in the future.

@serge20261 - I couldn't resist and ordered the TDLX and SLO today. Was having a hard time getting a fuller clean sound from the Morgan. With the TDLX having two completely separate channels I figure that will help. As for the SLO I just want to try it haha.

Back
Top Bottom