FX8 and Pedalboards

Jalevinemd

Inspired
For those of you who are putting your FX8 and expression pedals (or whatever) onto a pedalboard, how are you securing the FX8 to the board?

Check with Rooster at Trailer Trash. He sent us some pics of an FX8 and EV-1 mounted on his new board.

I used Dual Lock velcro from Rooster at Trailer Trash. There's an instructional vid on his website. It's extremely secure...I can turn the board upside down and shake it, and the FX8 doesn't move.

I got away from Velcro a long time ago. As I mentioned in another thread, it couldn't secure micro pedals like the Xotic SL Drive and EP Boost and I hated the sticky residue that was usually left behind when removed. The last 6 pedalboards that I put together all had two things in common: the cables were all routed under the board for a cleaner look and the pedals all mounted directly to the board with screws.

So basically, I'm looking for a good Vecro alternative for the FX8. That's why I'm anxious to hear more about the unique mounting system that Peter mentioned in his posts about the new Trailer Trash boards.

I have a Trex Tonetrunk pedalboard that fits the MFC101 or FX8 + 2 expression pedals perfectly.

Unlike the Pedaltrain stuff which is either 24" or 32" (so too small or too large), the 27" width of the Tonetrunk is perfect.
The supplied bag is a bit flimsy though.

I use dual lock as well.

Back
Top Bottom