FX8 and cab simulation DI

d2dark

Inspired
I'm looking for a small rig to bring with me in small place, bar next door jam kind of rig.

if i understand the beast correctly, i can have an FX8, couple Exp. pedal , send that into an emulated speaker cab DI and make that a small workable rig.
using the drive blocks as a main distortion?

or is there any way to have cab block in it to replace the emulated DI ?

In theory if you could put the 'loop' block just after all the drive blocks and other blocks you want in front of the virtual amp...put the speaker sim in the loop....add post amp effect blocks after the loop...
That would give you what you seek.

I never tried Fractal drives through a speaker sim to see if they lend themselves to that application.

If the speaker sim happens to be a TorpedoCAB it will sound better since the CAB has some good power amp modeling as well as a nice EQ component to it.

659$ is a lil high price. The 20$ joyo DI will do for me I think

MUSIC123 has it at 439 free shipping.

The Joyo DI is nothing like the Torpedo and i really would not trust my sound to such unit, Torpedo CAB is virtually a computer with sound nirvana as its soul, dont compromise your tone with cheap units.

With Torpedo CAB you still don't get any AMP emulations right? so if you buy CAB you need another peace pf gear for amp emulation, because CAB only models cabs?

With Torpedo CAB you still don't get any AMP emulations right? so if you buy CAB you need another peace pf gear for amp emulation, because CAB only models cabs?

Torpedo CAB does 2 pieces of the puzzle. Power Amp and CAB emulations. you can select tubes and stuff like that.

If you have the FX8 and a Torpedo CAB, the only other piece you're missing is a preamp.

I'm looking for a small rig to bring with me in small place, bar next door jam kind of rig.

if i understand the beast correctly, i can have an FX8, couple Exp. pedal , send that into an emulated speaker cab DI and make that a small workable rig.
using the drive blocks as a main distortion?

or is there any way to have cab block in it to replace the emulated DI ?

if you're looking for a small, all-in-one, great sounding rig for the price of an FX8... go buy an AXE Standard or Ultra.

I picked up Tech 21 Blonde . It works really good going direct, is very small, works on batteries for a long time and costs very little.
I had a Fly Rig 5 for a month but i returned it, because it was quite noisy. It had this constant white noise hiss.

I can only tell you, but if you can find someone that does have one TCAB and use an overdrive or distortion pedal and you will hear in some cases an amp is really not needed, TCAB is so good at emulation the powersection that a good pedal and good IRs will make you very very happy.

if you're looking for a small, all-in-one, great sounding rig for the price of an FX8... go buy an AXE Standard or Ultra.
what i try to avoid here is to bring too much gear, with any axe i still have to bring a rack, midi pedal board, cables…

i want like a drop on the floor units, plug in a DI and thats it. at that point i think i will go with an GT-6, 150$ used that will work…

IF there would be a cab block some day I might actually consider buying this because if I use Axe-FX II with real amp (Mesa head in my case), I would use "5CM" method to hook it up. Wich means normal 4CM plus I take a signal from the amps Slave Out and make a new separate row wich has only cab block, so I can still go direct FOH and have loud amp on stage.

I can do this with axe fx II now of course but with FX8 I wouldn't need any rack equipment....

Back
Top Bottom