FX8 4CM with Mesa Single rectifier parallel loop

aperez_br

Hi folks

You probably have seen this being asked many times but I couldn't find a definite answer yet. I have an fx8 2 that currently I'm using with a Marshall JVM410h 4CM though serial loop. Works perfectly. But recently I bough a Mesa Single Rect. Series 1 and it only has parallel loop. I'm running through many problems with Post effects like Delay. If I keep the same delay settings that I have for the Marshall presets and set the Mesa loop mix to the maximum, my volume is dramatically reduced and the quality is really bad. I then changed some of my presets to have all post effects in parallel, 100 mix and the Mesa loop mix slightly bellow half. If I use a delay with Level not higher than about 5, it is usable most of the time but I still get some of the famous phasing problems. If I need a stronger delay, it is completely unusable. How do you guys that own Mesa rectifiers have managed to work this out?

Many thanks

Yes, a mod is the best way to go, I had a rectoverb and always had issues with the parallel loop. It tended to be noisy too... also, watch your masters, try and use the output of the amp to control volume instead of the masters.

Back
Top Bottom