FX8 4CM issues with Mesa Lonestar Special

Hello all,

I've tested the loop on my Lonestar Special by connecting a patch cable in the loop and it appears to be working fine. However, when connecting my FX8, I am getting NO sound unless I bypass the loop.

I think I've maybe accidentally changed some settings on the FX8 but can't work out what it might be. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Also, any advice on using the whole unit through the front end?

Forgive my ignorance!

Thanks!

Also, are you connecting it correctly?

Amp FX send to FX-8 input.

FX-8 output to Amp FX return.

Is it a serial or a parallel loop?

You should be going FX8 main out to Amp return, FX8 Send to amp front input and FX8 return to Amp send, I believe.

make sure you have the fx loop on....I forgot to turn mine on when I first got my fx-8 and couldn't figure it out....did you try switching the wires. Maybe labeled wrong

as it is the correct way to use the DELAY using the 4CM, I make this configuration but it sounds ugly, if the delay is in front of the effects chain and not at the end of the chain

as it is the correct way to use the DELAY using the 4CM, I make this configuration but it sounds ugly, if the delay is in front of the effects chain and not at the end of the chain

If the delay is at the front you would need to change things on the config page to have 0 pre and 8 post FX if you want it to sound good. Why would you put the delay at the beginning of the chain though? Delay and reverb should be in slots 7-8 for maximum flexibility I think.

onnecting it as per labels on the unit (I've checked). Where is the 'output knob'?
So, you have your Lonestar's Send connected to your FX8's Input 1 (Post), and the Lonestar's return connected to your FX8's Output 2 (post), right?

Also, have you turned up the Send Level and Output controls on your Lonestar?

Besides my TC-50. I also have a Lonestar Special. I've never had any issues using it with the FX8. That's about all I can say without more information.

Back
Top Bottom