FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch functions are great! It would be very useful to have a "scene up/down" and a "patch up/down" function. Just like the existing "bank up/down"

Also the possibility to enable/disable more than one block with a single switch would be very very useful (as someone else mentioned before).
For example for a particular effect in wich you need 2 blocks to recreate it, and you ALWAYS use those blocks together, and never use one block without the other.

I would like seeing more scene toggle options in addition to the scene 1&2 toggle. Scene 3&4, 5&6 toggle, etc. Or even user select able toggling. Very handy compared to tapping twice (scene then select scene etc.).

I get some slight popping with my Friedman BE100 also. I think it has to do with stray voltage. If I repeatedly switch between different patches for for a few seconds it goes away.

In my case, it isn't slight popping and it doesn't go away.

I would like seeing more scene toggle options in addition to the scene 1&2 toggle. Scene 3&4, 5&6 toggle, etc. Or even user select able toggling. Very handy compared to tapping twice (scene then select scene etc.).

You'll notice that none of the "footswitch blocks" have user-customizable settings at this time, so a Scene [#] and {#} swap isn't yet possible, but then, you never know what Fractal's engineers may some day come up with someday...

Also the possibility to enable/disable more than one block with a single switch would be very very useful (as someone else mentioned before).
For example for a particular effect in wich you need 2 blocks to recreate it, and you ALWAYS use those blocks together, and never use one block without the other.

One idea under consideration is a "Soft Switch" footswitch block that would become available as a modifier source. It could then be assigned to the Bypass Mode modifier slot and allow manual control over block groups (or rotary speed, or delay feedback, or what-have-you.) This would be farther out however. But remember... you can hook up an FS-5L to one of the PEDAL jacks and do this today!

Last edited:
You'll notice that none of the "footswitch blocks" have user-customizable settings at this time, so a Scene [#] and {#} swap isn't yet possible, but then, you never know what Fractal's engineers may some day come up with someday...

So, not "soon," but not, "no" either? ;o)

Any potential of having the relay jacks be user assignable to pull double duty as additional expression pedal jacks? I realize the relay jacks are really important for channel switching on lot's of amps, but for people who are getting that done via midi, being able to re-task those relay jacks for other foot switches, or additional expression pedals could be handy. Just a thought . . .

Last edited:
One idea under consideration is a "Soft Switch" footswitch block that would become available as a modifier source. It could then be assigned to the Bypass Mode modifier slot and allow manual control over block groups (or rotary speed, or delay feedback, or what-have-you.) This would be farther out however. But remember... you can hook up an FS-5L to one of the PEDAL jacks and do this today!
So bad that I already use both pedal jacks for volume and wha. If only I could use my unused relay inputs to add two more external controllers...

It seems that Synth block tries to understand the pitch directly from the input, ignoring every block before it. If I put a pitch before the synth, the note remains the same.
By the way... I wonder if you'll ever start thinkin about bass players! Note recognition doesn't work (or works very badly) lower than low G note! That's a problem with pitch shifters and a lot of effects.
Same problem with Synth, I cannot play lower than low G cause it doesn't recognize the note. I was trying a workaround by putting an octave pitch before the synth block and than lowering the synth pitch by 1 octave again, but as I mentioned before, it seems that synth block doesn't "listen" to the blocks before it, but only from the input directly.

It seems that Synth block tries to understand the pitch directly from the input, ignoring every block before it. If I put a pitch before the synth, the note remains the same.
By the way... I wonder if you'll ever start thinkin about bass players! Note recognition doesn't work (or works very badly) lower than low G note! That's a problem with pitch shifters and a lot of effects.
Same problem with Synth, I cannot play lower than low G cause it doesn't recognize the note. I was trying a workaround by putting an octave pitch before the synth block and than lowering the synth pitch by 1 octave again, but as I mentioned before, it seems that synth block doesn't "listen" to the blocks before it, but only from the input directly.

Hmmmm... interesting that there's a Pitch Source (global/local) parameter on the Pitch block but not on the Synth block. Wishlist?

Switch functions are great! It would be very useful to have a "scene up/down" and a "patch up/down" function. Just like the existing "bank up/down"

Patch up/down is already implemented.

Can someone explain the FS-5L piece in more detail and more importantly how and what it can do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom