FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
FX8-edit doesn't animate the knobs anymore when they're attached to a controller?

example1 : my wah block is controlled by footswitch 1. fx8 doesn't show the knob turning back and forth as i move the pedal any more.

example2: i'm controlling the output level of a compressor block with the scene 1 controller. when i switch scenes, and the output level should change, no change is reflected in either the knob or the display above the knob

is this related to the sysex midi-out fix for midi controlled amps?

I can't speak for an external controller, but it does animate them if you use things like LFOs.

Firmware 3 was supposed to optimise the use of the cpu, result : all my existing patches are now out of CPU ... Bug?

i've just updater the firmware and the editor..everything seems ok...I've just one question in fw2 i use scene midi PC to control amp channel switching in the same time with scenes...and now? in footswitch page it seems you have to choose to set a footswitch to be a scene switch or a midi switch

i've just updater the firmware and the editor..everything seems ok...I've just one question in fw2 i use scene midi PC to control amp channel switching in the same time with scenes...and now? in footswitch page it seems you have to choose to set a footswitch to be a scene switch or a midi switch
The scene midi pc are in the cfg page, in the footswitch page you only choose what's on the footswitches...

Firmware 3 was supposed to optimise the use of the cpu, result : all my existing patches are now out of CPU ... Bug?
You need to reset your parameters inside the unit. read this entire posting to find the instructions.. probably 1-2 pages back. Look for an offical Fractal employee post.

Upload one of your patches that is now overloading, please.
HI, here is one, thanks. For your information I tried to recreate other patches zhat were causing problems from scratch, it seems to work so. I did not try yet with this one.

Another idea, that I did not check yet : when doing a system reset, does it enable the looper ? I used to disable it in v2 to get more cpu available. That could be the answer..

Attachments

• Remy Tele 4CM.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
HI, here is one, thanks. For your information I tried to recreate other patches zhat were causing problems from scratch, it seems to work so. I did not try yet with this one.

Another idea, that I did not check yet : when doing a system reset, does it enable the looper ? I used to disable it in v2 to get more cpu available. That could be the answer..
It seems to do the trick ;-). I disabled again the looper and all ok now!

This may have nothing to do with a bug in FW3, because I didn't have this set up in FW2, but as suggested in my post elsewhere, I'm having a problems with popping noise when a momentary relay is engaged. I've got the FX8 remotely switching my Bogner Ecstacy Blue pedal via momentary relay settings and TRS cable (pirated from a Moog expression pedal). There's a loud pop when the effect is engaged and a less-loud pop when turned off. The pedal has a remote operate jack. I'm using that, not other mechanisms (e.g. midi looper, etc.). The pedal is inline with other drives between the FX8 pre out and the amp input. All pedals are powered via Voodoo Lab pedal power. I also have the FX8 pre running through a Radial Engineering Big Shot audio loop pedal, so I can bypass the FX8 pre buffer for real true bypass. No humbuster cable involved, just regular George L or Mogami Gold. What might I be doing wrong? Or do I need to call Bogner?

I get some slight popping with my Friedman BE100 also. I think it has to do with stray voltage. If I repeatedly switch between different patches for for a few seconds it goes away.

I get some slight popping with my Friedman BE100 also. I think it has to do with stray voltage. If I repeatedly switch between different patches for for a few seconds it goes away.
this happens on most Mesa Boogie amps too. after power on, you have to switch among all your channels to eliminate pops.

Is this a FX8 editor display problem?
When I load the Graphic EQ the shows this way, the level and balances knobs are over the EQ sliders
Related with the FW3
FX8-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom