FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there Any change from the sound wise, are fuzz more realistic now? Are swappable block doable now? I'm on vacation , so I can't. Tested by my self

Blocks are swappable.

The existing blocks sound the same... there's a few new things like FAS Boost and new delay types.

I have a question related to the global pedals section:

I can configure the pedals 5 to 8 to select the presets 1 to 4 by example, but if I didn't set as global (clicking the global button), what are set?
What is the reason for the global section without selecting the global button?
Each switch, when configured as a GLOBAL will use the BLOCK configured in the GLOBAL section without regard to the preset. The FX8 allows you to configure a PER-PRESET block AND a GLOBAL block, by changing the configuration of the switch you can change the function of the switch:

GLOBAL - uses the block saved in the GLOBAL configuration
PER-PRESET - uses whatever is stored within the preset footswitch configuration (this option will change with each preset selection).

You're welcome. Now can you make one explaining the Synth Block and Controllers? :)

I play a lot of Christian music and the guitars on most of the songs are extremely produced and I find my self having to switch presets a lot because the FX8 isn't capable of handling for instance, a pad with shimmer reverb, 2 types of MTD, Pitch and harm blocks in one preset. So I believe my best option would be to implement your and Joe Rogers idea and setup the foot-switches for global operation.

S1 S2 S3 S4
P1 P2 P3 P4

well... whatever works for YOU is the right choice. Remember you can always jump around presets with the preset switching system, if you want to keep those bottom 4 switches free..

You could also make a bit of a Preset Directory on A1.

So if A1 was

P1 P2 P3 P4
P5 P6 P7 P8

Then every preset had FS8 set to A1 (and you did the same for all banks you'd be able to get to 8 presets in two taps... instead of just 4 in 1 tap.

Nothing is set as global, unless you specifically set something as global. Is that what you mean?

I mean that is the Global section, but unless you press the global button nothing is global. Just a double meaning, if you are in the global section you guess that anything you set is, you know "global"

I mean that is the Global section, but unless you press the global button nothing is global. Just a double meaning, if you are in the global section you guess that anything you set is, you know "global"

Well anything you set IN the global section IS global, as defined in the context of the FX8. :)

But that context is VERY limited in this case. It's a time-saver if you ALWAYS setup presets the same way, but if not then not so much.

Well Done Fractal, what a great update - this isn't a sarcastic comment, this is a genuine compliment!!

I'll have to "think" about how my preset and scenes are set up a bit more but the whole functionality of the buttons, global stuff had just changed this unit from the best fx unit I've ever had to a total game changer.

And the FAS boost....well, let's just say all of my drive needs have just been satisfied...apart from needing a Fuzz for a few things I can safely say that I don't need any other drives from the unit - and that's saying something with what we've got on there...

well... whatever works for YOU is the right choice. Remember you can always jump around presets with the preset switching system, if you want to keep those bottom 4 switches free..

You could also make a bit of a Preset Directory on A1.

So if A1 was

P1 P2 P3 P4
P5 P6 P7 P8

Then every preset had FS8 set to A1 (and you did the same for all banks you'd be able to get to 8 presets in two taps... instead of just 4 in 1 tap.
Hummmm...definitely something to think about. Thank you.

Each switch, when configured as a GLOBAL will use the BLOCK configured in the GLOBAL section without regard to the preset. The FX8 allows you to configure a PER-PRESET block AND a GLOBAL block, by changing the configuration of the switch you can change the function of the switch:

GLOBAL - uses the block saved in the GLOBAL configuration
PER-PRESET - uses whatever is stored within the preset footswitch configuration (this option will change with each preset selection).

Got it!!! Thanks!!!

TRTTRTTRT, I just want to thank you here for your video. It is so simple when someone explain something like in this video. Thanks again! :D

i'm editing an excerpt from yesterday's live stream. it will go in detail about the major change in FW 3.00 for the FX8. in the mean time, i edited a very short version that shows the changes without too much explanation. some people will get what they need from this video, but i know others like when i go a bit in depth and explain more - that one is coming and i hope to finish it shortly.

thanks to @TRTTRTTRT for jumping in and helping people already. fun, huh? you'll be streaming on beam in no time ;)

here's the short version for now:

Valuable information well explained
Thank you very much Crhis

So I finally had a little time to play with this today and this thing just rocks now. Initially I was just stoked that the one bug I had encountered had been fixed, but I had time to play around with the foot switches and got started on a synth patch. Not getting to crazy with the synth, but I'm glad it's there.

You guys were certainly on the money with the superlatives about the new foot switch capabilities. I set my scene 1/2 toggle on the bottom right foot switch globally when you tap it (tuner if you hold it) and use the rest of them on a preset by preset basis for a mix of scenes and stomp boxes. Works great for my methods as it puts my two main rhythm and lead scenes on a single switch and leaves the other 8 switches to use as I need for a given preset. Now to get busy and start programming a few more presets (and play around with that synth some more). The only thing I'm missing at this point is enough time to enjoy it. These dam real world responsibilities and all. :)

I've set up my foot-switches globaly. How do I turn on a scene block (to set up my scenes) if all my foot-switches are set to global. I am in the CFG page but I can't figure out how to activate and de-activate a block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom