FX8 3.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We are pleased to announce that FX8 Firmware 3.0 is now available for public beta testing. Like any beta firmware, it may contain bugs, though we've done our best to ensure that it is reliable and ready for use. With that in mind, please allow yourself some time to learn the new features and test your presets. (Don't install it at sound check before a gig.)

The new version of FX8-Edit (below) is REQUIRED. Please upgrade the editor BEFORE connecting the updated FX8, or you will need to manually execute Settings | Update After New Firmware in FX8-Edit.

Release notes are HERE:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloa...X8-Firmware-Public-Beta-3p0-Release-Notes.pdf

NOTE: The release notes are long, and they are illustrated, so please let others read the actual PDF instead of copy/pasting everything into this thread.

Firmware is HERE:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloa...x8/3.0/beta_public-3p0/fx8_3p00PublicBeta.syx

FX8-Edit 1p1 RC1 for Mac:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FX8-Edit/FX8-Edit-OSX-v1p1p0-RC1.dmg

FX8-Edit 1p1 RC1 for Windows:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FX8-Edit/FX8-Edit-Win-v1p1p0-RC1.exe

=========================================================
WHAT’S NEW
  • Added the latest DRIVE and DELAY types (as of Quantum 1.06).
  • Added the SYNTH block.
  • Separated the Signal Chain from Footswitch 1–8 Layout so effect switches can be placed anywhere on the floor without changing signal flow.
  • Added “Footswitch Blocks” which can be assigned per-preset, allowing each preset to use its own custom layout of Preset-select switches, Scene-select switches, Effect Instant-Access switches, (and more).
  • New Global Footswitches make it easy to set up a footswitch to do the same thing across all presets.
  • Scenes can now also send a MIDI CC message.
  • Added new Relay options for compatibility with more amps (e.g. 5150, some Bogners, etc.).
  • The FX8 should no longer "confuse" certain MIDI-switchable amps with small buffers (e.g. JVM, some Carvins, etc.)
  • And more…

Windows 7 won't let me run this beta update. I keep getting the message that the file is "invalid or corrupt." Turning off the firewall did not work. Any suggestions?

How are you running the update BluesRock? I had to update FractalBot because it had been awhile since I used it and Windows 10 wouldn't launch it, but once I got that fixed I had no problem with the update via FractalBot.

And for the update, YES!!! They fixed the issue I was having with the filter block, and that's all that really matters for me at this point. It follows my scene switching accurately. I'm sure I'll dig into some of the other new features at some point, but I'm just stoked that this was fixed for now.

How are you running the update BluesRock? I had to update FractalBot because it had been awhile since I used it and Windows 10 wouldn't launch it, but once I got that fixed I had no problem with the update via FractalBot.

And for the update, YES!!! They fixed the issue I was having with the filter block, and that's all that really matters for me at this point. It follows my scene switching accurately. I'm sure I'll dig into some of the other new features at some point, but I'm just stoked that this was fixed for now.

You should get your head around the new footswitch functionality asap. Because it's quite different if you're used to using the front panel.

And extremely powerful!

You should get your head around the new footswitch functionality asap. Because it's quite different if you're used to using the front panel.

And extremely powerful!
I'll get around to it as needed. I see how it works, but sticky scenes works for most of the patches I've created for the way I use it I'm sure I'll find the footswitch functionality useful for certain things... it's just that I'm more of a scene based player.

Thanks for the tutorial Chris!

I don't have time to update tonight, and I missed the beginning of the stream. I have a question regarding the new drives and delays -how many new drives and delays are there? What pedals are they based on?

Are the original drives updated too?

Thanks

Thanks for the tutorial Chris!

I don't have time to update tonight, and I missed the beginning of the stream. I have a question regarding the new drives and delays -how many new drives and delays are there? What pedals are they based on?

Are the original drives updated too?

Thanks
there are 4 new delays - Deluxe Mind Guy, Lo-Fi Tape, Mono BBD and Stereo BBD.

there is 1 new drive pedal, the FAS Boost.

everyone on the axe LOVED these new additions, and now they are available in the FX8. the original drives are not updated.

thanks for watching! i love beam!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom