Fx Loop with external effects????

Can someone please help? I am trying to place an HX Effects into the effects loop of the AxeFx2 Mark I.
I have stereo send and returns going to the Axefx and the HX. My guitar is plugged into front input 1.
I/O output 1 and 2 are set to "stereo"

I am able to get a signal and sound from the AxeFx2, but I am unable to get the anything from the HX effects.

I have read the AxeFx manual and watched youtube videos, but I can't find a good complete example of what I am trying to do.

I know I am missing something basic, but I can't figure out what. Thanks to everyone.....you guys always come thru :)

Attachments

• Fx Loop.JPG
    Fx Loop.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 83
The Fx Loop block needs to be in the same line as the rest. You have the return coming back in to the Fx loop block, but it’s not connected to anything.

put it directly after the cab block and don’t use a parallel row.

Wow you guys are fast. Thanks. Chris, I did as you suggested (see pic) but still no HX effects.

The Fx Loop block needs to be in the same line as the rest. You have the return coming back in to the Fx loop block, but it’s not connected to anything.

put it directly after the cab block and don’t use a parallel row.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 56
Both outputs on front panel are all the way up. I am seeing the signal in stereo (both inputs 1 & 2) on the front panel VU meters. I attached a pic of my I/O settings just in case that's it. Also included routing for HX effects.

Turn up Output 2 knob.

Attachments

• IO.jpg
    IO.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 48
  • HX effects.JPG
    HX effects.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 47
So you have Output 2 going to the input on the HX and the output of the HX going to Input 2 of the Axe Fx?

Also, you have the volume of the HX turned up?

OK I figured it out. I was trying to use the Fx Loop on the HX, when instead I just needed to use the regular inputs and outputs on the HX and the effects loop on the AxeFx. It's obvious now, but :rolleyes:.

Thank you guys a ton for responding so quickly. MUCH appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom