FX Loop - where is my thinking flawed? Any ideas?

dabert

Recently I had the chance to acquire some Tom Scholz Rockman modules.

My thinking was now to use the FX Loop to output (the guitar signal connected to the Axe input) to the input of the Sustainor (FX Send) and retrieve the Rockmudules output back into the grid (FX Return).

The output from the Rockmodules back into the grid works fine but here is my problem: If I use the FX Send into the Sustainor input it sounds like sh...t. Lots of noise and only a minimal signal. If I plug straight into the Rockmodules, it sounds fine.

Is this a case of me mixing up the different kind of levels (instrument vs. line level) or is there something wrong with my Axe II Mk1 (July 2012)?

In the former case - is there something I can do to transform the signal back to instrument level - like using a passive DI in reverse or something?

Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Check the Levels in the FXL block and turn up OUT2 on the front panel.

FX Level = 0 dB (also tried to increase to no avail) - OP2 on the front is at 3 o'clock.

I should also mention that I normally use OP2 (FX Send) to feed my Matrix Q12a which works fine (OP1 to Studio monitors). I have read that the presence of an FX loop block "overrules" any I/O settings for OP2 but I have also tried to change those.

Yek - thank you!

I was playing with the output level as opposed to the input level in the FX loop. When adjusting the Line 2 AND Main level in the block it works. Even though I need to add 30db in total to get it seemingly at unity.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom