FX-Loop Question (help)

Crapshoes

What would need to be done to the the FX-Loop to make it emulate an instrument level signal? For instance, if I wanted to have the guitar routed to the front 1/4" input how would I want to set the FX-Loop to try and match the level at that input? Is there a way to measure that and compensate for the change?

Basically, I have certain pedals that I'd like to run in my FX-Loop that are intended to receive instrument level signal, and I'd like to be able to edit the FX-Loop levels based on it's position in the signal chain. For instance, when running a drive pedal I'd like to place a compressor first, then the FX-Loop with a drive in it, sending that to the Amp block. So in that case I'd need to know what the emulated compressor would do to the guitar signal as if it were still being run in front of the Axe-Fx so to speak. Would there be any way for Cliff to program the FX-Loop to adapt it's levels based on it's position in the signal chain? (with an override option of course)

What would need to be done to the the FX-Loop to make it emulate an instrument level signal? For instance, if I wanted to have the guitar routed to the front 1/4" input how would I want to set the FX-Loop to try and match the level at that input? Is there a way to measure that and compensate for the change?

Basically, I have certain pedals that I'd like to run in my FX-Loop that are intended to receive instrument level signal, and I'd like to be able to edit the FX-Loop levels based on it's position in the signal chain. For instance, when running a drive pedal I'd like to place a compressor first, then the FX-Loop with a drive in it, sending that to the Amp block. So in that case I'd need to know what the emulated compressor would do to the guitar signal as if it were still being run in front of the Axe-Fx so to speak. Would there be any way for Cliff to program the FX-Loop to adapt it's levels based on it's position in the signal chain? (with an override option of course)

The FXL at default settings and OUTPUT 2 at 100% does not add or substract gain.
Without any blocks added between input and FXL, there will therefore be the input (= instrument) level at OUT2.
If you add some gain with a compressor block you can check the impact by bypassing the block.

The FXL at default settings and OUTPUT 2 at 100% does not add or substract gain.
Without any blocks added between input and FXL, there will therefore be the input (= instrument) level at OUT2.
If you add some gain with a compressor block you can check the impact by bypassing the block.
I was under the impression that the FX-Loop came out hotter than the instrument level signal being input originally, but if that's true then maybe my pedal problems have a different source. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom