FX Loop Question (before AND after amp?)

Kablesp

Can you use the two mono loops available in a configuration where one is before the amp and the other is after? I want to be able to run phasers and flangers before my outboard fuzzes but still have outboard effects after the amp. Is this possible?

Not that I know of in Fm3 - would make a good wish though: to have OutL, OutR, InL, InR blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes a bit of creative grid routing using the Feedback Send and Return blocks, but it can be done.

1669516917013.png

In this case, you'd hard pan the Wah block output hard Left and set the Amp block input select to Left. That should let you use the Left channel of IN and OUT 2 for external loop in front of the amp. You'd also need to hard pan the Return block output hard Right and set the Reverb block's input select to Right. That should let you use the Right channel of IN and OUT 2 for the external loop after the amp.

It takes a bit of creative grid routing using the Feedback Send and Return blocks, but it can be done.

View attachment 111736

In this case, you'd hard pan the Wah block output hard Left and set the Amp block input select to Left. That should let you use the Left channel of IN and OUT 2 for external loop in front of the amp. You'd also need to hard pan the Return block output hard Right and set the Reverb block's input select to Right. That should let you use the Right channel of IN and OUT 2 for the external loop after the amp.
wow!

You can skip the feedback send/return in that example if you move In 1 below the amp block so the cab block can connect directly to the Out 2 block.

I don't think the reverb block has an input select parameter but a vol/pan block can be used for that.

Also it's easiest to balance rows L/R in the Out 2 block, not the previous blocks. I'm not sure you were saying to actually use the wah's balance control, but that wouldn't affect balance while the wah is bypassed.

That's some serious optimization! Good catch on the Wah block bypass state not being panned. Using the Out 2 block's mixer would be easier.

That would look like this:
1669568905777.png

It still never ceases to amaze me just how flexible and controllable this whole system really is.

Back
Top Bottom