FX Loop dropout on preset change

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
Is there any way to avoid the total audio dropout on preset changes? I was hoping to add a reverb pedal into the FX loop but changing presets causes all sound to drop out for about half a second, interrupting any tails.

This happens even when the starting preset and destination preset are identical in layout and signal flow, and whether “Spillover” is off or set to any other option.

I had the FX loop block at the very end of the chain in both presets. I even tried adding it as a separate row connected directly to the output block, and fed the FX return with some external music. This confirmed that the entire main output is briefly muted on preset changes.

Is there any workaround or way to avoid this?

hmm, i'm guessing no way around this. the preset has to clear audio so there are no pops for the next preset. spillover settings can only affect the internal reverbs. it doesn't "know" what other pedals or external effects are doing.

maybe someone has some ideas, but this seems to be a hardware limitation, probably shared by most other gear.

Back
Top Bottom