FX loop drop down when changing preset

lp59

Experienced
Hi Axe-masters,

I have set an IA switch as GLOBAL for switching the Axe FX loop (I run my stereo looper in it), so I don't have to worry if the FX loop is active or not in the next preset I will use for loop recording.
Problem is that when I change preset on the MFC there is a half second sound drop, this means that the FX loop of the Axe-Fx II is bypassed for half a second each time I change preset and the looper playing in the FX loop is cut for this half second of silence.

Any idea to fix this so that the loops keeps playing without drop when I change preset?

Thanks a lot

No answer... Can anyone tell me if I'm in the wrong thread with my question, and if I should post it elsewhere...

Thanks

um....it sounds similar to delay spillover requirements....hopefully Cliff or Matt will see this and can fill in some ideas as to what is causing this and if there is a way to.

I don't have any experience using external gear with Axe, so can't provide anything aside from a free bump...4 minutes after your bump, haha

Hi Wake,
thanks for your post. I also wanted to use my Axe II without outboard gear, but the fact that the looper is not stereo lead me to plug my stereo EH looper in the external effect loop. But with the drop down of the signal when switching presets bound me back with the use of the internal mono looper of the Axe... I'm stuck!
:eek:ops

It sounds like that's going to be what you're dealing with anytime you change patches... there is a known "delay" when changing patches, so you're external looper is going to record that "delay" as silence.. The delay spillover trick might cover up that silence.....

It sounds like that's going to be what you're dealing with anytime you change patches... there is a known "delay" when changing patches, so you're external looper is going to record that "delay" as silence.. The delay spillover trick might cover up that silence.....

But the problem is you have to turn on delay spillover in the settings, not just have the patches set-up correctly. Could require some different coding in the firmware....

but....Mr. LP59.......where is your fx loop in your signal chain...all the way at the end so you can have the final sound looping? if so, you could just plug the axe- output into your looper, and then from there into your poweramp.....so it wouldn't actually be in the axe-fx, but post it, no longer controllable by the axe for bypassing, but an idea......

Hi Nater,
thanks for your answer, sorry for the bad explanation... I'm not switching presets on the Axe while recording a loop, but AFTER. When the loops plays in one preset it's fine, only when I change preset, say from clean to lead sound, will I hear a little break in the smoothiness (does this word exist?:roll) of the playing loop.
I'm not sure that spillover works for the external FX loop block... When I use the internal looper it works fine, no drop, the loop keeps playing smooth when switching presets. Only I have to forget the stereo effects recorded that disapears with the mono built in looper...

For Wake911,
You point it right, I use the FX loop at the end of the signal chain but I wanted to use my looper in the FX loop to get rid of it when not in use... I hate knowing that my signal could suffer a little loss because of an external device, especially when not in use! That would be the case when pluging it after the Axe and before the amp... And also no control from the MFC...

I have to correct what I said: I also get some cuts in the recorded loops with the internal looper of the Axe-FX II when I switch preset.
Even worse: sometimes, not always, when I switch preset and the looper is running, I LOSE some notes, 2 to 3 seconds of the loop that was previously recorded. So the loop runs with a blank couple of seconds. If this can't be corrected the looper is simply useless in a live event. It also happened that I lost the whole loop running when switching preset...

My looper bypass is set to global in the MFC and I use external switches 1 and 2 for rec and overdub. Firmware and software are up to date.

I have the same problem. Never had it with the ULTRA. I record a loop, have the looper in both patches, change patches & some of the audio disappears. I figured the problem would be posted as more people get the Axe-FX II & start using the looper. Funny thing is that it doesn't always happen.

Last edited:
I hope you don't regret your ULTRA... I tried to use IA switch for play and overdub instead of external XS1 and 2 and didn't get the bug for the moment. Haven't tried it extensively but I'll let you known if I think it's related to the external switches. Do you also use XS1 and 2 for the looper?

I sold the ULTRA to get the AXE-FX II. I use the Liquid Foot Pro with ia switches set for looper functions (& to turn off & on effects) . I am in the process of getting my LF Pro programmed with all presets, etc. That is why I haven't worked on the problem too much yet.

Back
Top Bottom