FX III USB out to multiple inputs?

DFauvre

Inspired
I always have the FX III USB output connected to my laptop and Axe Edit as I'm constantly tweaking my presets. At the same time, I want to be able to send audio through the USB cable not to my MacBook, but to an iPhone through the lightening input on an iPhone 11 and record the audio output of the FX III to an app in my iPhone. Can this be done? For example, with a USB splitter box. can I run the USB output of the FXIII into a splitter box and then from one USB out of the splitter box go to my MacBook to use AxeEdit and from another output of the splitter box goto the lightening input on my iPhone? Does that make sense?

USB doesn't work that way. You can't "split" a USB signal to two different destinations like you can with audio. You can't have the unit act as a USB interface for two different devices at the same time.
However, what you can do is get a MIDI interface for your computer and connect to the AxeFX with that for AxeEdit, and then connect to your phone via USB. I think that should work, although I've never tried it.

Audio Virtual Cable can redirect audio signal between different USB devices

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/
I'm not sure how I'd use this software, can you say more? My goal is to record directly to my iPhone, from the USB out of the FX III, while at the same time being able to control AxeEdit from the Fractal, which I assume can only be done from the USB out. So how do I use the software you recommended to do this? Do I run it on the Mac and then send the audio from the Fractal out of the MacBook's USB-C port to the iPhone?

No can do. You'll have to run analog audio to your phone and use an audio interface to convert it to lightning. It might be simpler to record the audio into the computer and transfer it to your phone after you're done recording.

USB devices will only connect to one host at a time. The software Piing recommended is for combining more than one audio device on a single host, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom