FX III Tone Match examples and tests

I've been trying to learn a little more about FXIII's Tone Match.
After several tries and tests, I realize that the tone match is very good when I do all the “homework” choosing the same original amplifier on the fractal, and if possible the same settings. I also try to use the guitar as similar as possible to the original (especially its pickups) and play as closely as possible.
It's true that after all that, with good factory IRs, it's more than enough for the sound to look very similar to the original.
But Tone Match seems to be the “icing on the cake”.
Another important thing: in all the tests I've done, it's much better when I only have the guitar recording and if possible recorded with one condenser microphone or something as “natural” as possible.
I'll leave some examples I made here on my channel and I would like feedback.
PS: using only youtube. You hear the original sound and Tone Match.
Thanks.
Hetfield Battery -
Willian faukner -
Money for nothings, randy roads -

you can found all this presets and tone match on https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/myUploads.php
Thanks.

This is excellent - I'd like to get better at utilizing tone match but I can't find isolated guitar sounds for most of the bands I like.
There are some awesome tools out there that can isolate the guitar tracks.
Check out a demo of hitnmix's deep audio, for instance. It does an analysis that can output 'stem tracks" - e.g. split a stereo .wav or .mp3 into drums, bass, vocals, guitars etc. Might be useful for hearing the guitar tone in isolation. There are probably other tools out there too.

This is excellent - I'd like to get better at utilizing tone match but I can't find isolated guitar sounds for most of the bands I like.
I confess that I don't find isolated guitar sounds so easy either. I even let my friends know, when they find it, give me the link. Thanks for watching.

The Hetfield Dual Rec tone was spot on. The rest were also very good but I thought the Dimebag Walk tone was pretty far off. I actually use Audiority Randall sim for my Pantera tones, I just can't get a spot on Dimebag tone with the Axe. Theres always something off even when tone matching. But good stuff.

The Hetfield Dual Rec tone was spot on. The rest were also very good but I thought the Dimebag Walk tone was pretty far off. I actually use Audiority Randall sim for my Pantera tones, I just can't get a spot on Dimebag tone with the Axe. Theres always something off even when tone matching. But good stuff.
you're right. What happens is that even though the sound isn't perfect, but is a lot of fan.. Really cool . Thanks for watching.

Back
Top Bottom