FX-303 - Synth Tracking is Insane in fw12.08

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
FX-303! Here's another example of how much I'm enjoying firmware 12.08. You probably saw that the Pitch shifter was improved, but did you know that this also improves pitch tracking in the Synth block? It does!

In this juicy acid-funk track, I'm jamming along with the mighty Jab'o Starks (courtesy of Toontrack Superior 3). An expression pedal modifies Q in a filter block after the synth and simultaneously sets the sustain level of the ADSR on that filter's cutoff to make the sound extra lively.

Each section of 4 measures was played in realtime (on a Strat!). I'll add a synth solo next.

EDIT:

Some 20+ punch-ins later and here's a little synth solo on top for you to listen to :)

Last edited:
I haven’t played with the synth block for ages, but I MUST do that asap because these clips sound out of this world good. Wow. You’re a wizard Matt. Don’t even need to mention Cliff.

Edit: patch, pretty please? Not that experienced with synth patches. Yet, but soon might be 😍

Last edited:
Been working on nothing but synth patches for the last 2 months and was actually looking forward more to these improvements than to those in the pitch block. Can't wait to update and see if the new tracking helps smooth out some of those synth "gulps" that happen when you don't quite play the note perfectly.

Insanely good stuff. Can't wait to check it out.

EDIT: Couldn't figure what that clip reminded me of then it hit me. Jan Hammer. Check out Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live 1977. Still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Last edited:
Damn!

I thought my little 2-voice synth solo preset sounded pretty nice (one voice filtered by Pitch follower, the other by expression pedal)... But this is a completely different level!

Amazing M@!!!👏

You grooved that so hard I was dancing in glee in work here listening to it!

Incredible preset too! Great work as always!

Now we want more awesome synth patches ike this! :p

Back
Top Bottom